Otterbox defender

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Congrats!

I just heard that the Verizon iPhone Otterbox case will be released in approximately 38 minutes!!!!

Congratulations Verizon iPhone users that don't exist, yet, you can buy your case, but x users cannot......

shamisc

Reaction score
I pre-ordered one off eBay. I e-mailed him asking if he knew of a release date. I was told by the end of next week. But i was also told that at the beginning of the month when i e-mailed him.

Me Too!!!!:icon_eek:

shamisc

Reaction score
I just heard that the Verizon iPhone Otterbox case will be released in approximately 38 minutes!!!!

Congratulations Verizon iPhone users that don't exist, yet, you can buy your case, but x users cannot......

Lol!!!! Supposedly, they have these cases made in China, and they're the ones who keep adding to the wait! I may get my $ back for mine and just get the Seido. My X will be destroyed before I get my Otterbox!:icon_evil:

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
nothing new, but wanted to get it out there.....

I'm sure many of us received this same email if you pre-ordered an otterbox, but I wanted to get it out there for the rest of the people thinking about otterbox. DON'T.... find another case for the phone bc you will just be waiting forever and irritated like the rest of us that pre-ordered and now feel "invested" in waiting for the stupid thing!!!!

This is from the place I pre-ordered my case from:

"....I am emailing you because you either purchased an Otteerbox Droid X or an Otterbox EVO case from me. I just received word today that there was a major push back for dealers....They are saying we will have them in stock at the end of November....."

Oh well, like I said, I'm sure they will have the vPhone otterbox available the day it's released, whenever that is!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's absolutely ridiculous! I've owned Otterbox products before and they are the best. But your right, they waste no time putting them out iPhone, and will probably do the same for vPhone.

I haven't preordered the case yet. I was kinda hoping to get my email from Otterbox any day now. Guess I will check out Seidio.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I want an otterbox case as much as the next guy, but the thread on the otterbox: droid x facebook page is HILARIOUS!!! I'm sure some of us on this forum have commented on that thread, so I'm not saying bad about you. I'm just saying it's pretty funny
Also, I'm saying it's pretty lame that otterbox does not comment on such a heated discussion. They could easily dispel rumors (which I have quoted in this thread) and answer questions, but, instead, they choose to sit silently by while potential customers "yell" at each other on facebook....
alas, if only they didn't make a great product (hopefully it is still great) of which no one really makes a comparable version.....

anyway, check it out...start at page 20 or so and read through...pretty good stuff, and a great example of how NOT to use social media to peddle your product! (IMHO)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Iphone users got their otterbox cases asap and we're still waiting...

Which is hilarious! Cause after they bought those nice Otterbox cases they had to turn around and take the Steve Jobs freebee cases so they could actually make a call with their precious iPhones:)

Now...what sucks for us is it will probably be out late Nov., but will be on back order so we can't even get them for Christmas. Genius marketing on their behalf.