Otterbox defender

Ashleylovesyou926

Reaction score
Anybody know if the Otterbox for the Droid X is releasing any time soon?

I've been waiting for it since the X released nd all the website still has to say is "coming soon"

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

barski

Reaction score
Did you see their facebook page? The post about the Droid X. That guy nailed it on the head.

As for a time frame, who knows.

Reaction score
I was waiting for it to come out but decided to get another one. Ended up going to Bestbuy and picking up their "platinum" series one for the Droid X. Fits well and feels nice! Would have liked an Otterbox Defender but I'm not getting one now.

Reaction score

I've been waiting for it since the X released nd all the website still has to say is "coming soon"

I would advise you not to hold your breath while you wait.

Sent from my Droid X in an Ambulance using Tapatalk.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sedio has a rugged caase available. ( just an FYI )

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rumor had the release being 3rd week of Sept. for Otterbox.ow look where we're at. The site has changed a little. Guess I will know when I receive an email from them.

barski

Reaction score
I pre-ordered one off eBay. I e-mailed him asking if he knew of a release date. I was told by the end of next week. But i was also told that at the beginning of the month when i e-mailed him.

Knockoutking

Reaction score
Be aware the sedio has a rather large looking lip on it...may make out tough to touch some things on the edges of the screens...look up a video review to see what I mean

barski

Reaction score
Just a rumor! From what i have been finding it should be released by or on November 5th. Again this is just a rumor , but its the most solid data i have had about the release date.

WJR916503

Reaction score
Where did you get this information from......I have been waiting two months already for Otterbox to release them...I sent them two emails and they never got back to me.

I know they are not released yet, but what does everyone recommend; the defender or the commuter series?

barski

Reaction score
I received this information from some ebay members that sell a lot of otterbox products. They also said they wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed again.

I was reading the Q&A under the defender and commuter, one of them said the Commuter has half the bulk and 80% of the protection of the Defender. I will be getting the Defender.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Yes...I've heard the 22nd from my pre-order person.
If they are hedging their bets: maybe 14th
If they are stringing me along: maybe Jan 1st

cpjr

Reaction score
For the love of god it better be released soon....holy cow....only case I really want and only one thats not available.