Defender vs Kraken

Jordan8

Reaction score
If it matters, I use the otterbox commuter and LOVE it.

What concerns me about Otterbox cases is that people have stated that the rubber is loose around the four buttons, this would drive me crazy!

The little flap thing lifts up a little when you push in a button. Unless you're paying attention to it though you wont really notice, I don't at least. The silicone on the top of both sides of the phone being loose would be my biggest complaint.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
maineultraclassic
Reaction score
I'm going to wait and see how the holster looks for the Kraken. If it's nearly as good as the Defender, then I'll give it a try.

Steve

mistayoung

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there going to make a kraken case for the the Droid 2 ?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

murf0217

Reaction score
Well I ended up getting the Kraken blue case with black cover combo and I must say it was very well constructed! The buttons are more responsive with the Kraken case than with the Defender case on the phone! The Kraken is slightly bulkier than the Defender. No scratching issues with the screen protector. And, I think the screen protector on the Kraken is better than the Defender (the defender screen cover did give me some response issues when I was swiping, but I did get used to it). The one thing I have against the Kraken was the blue molded cover started to turn green! It actually leached onto the white mySkin I purchased (started making it turn yellow)! Now Trident's customer service was top notch and are quickly replacing the cover/skins. They were (of course) surprised to hear what was happening!

Other than that issue, in my opinion the Kraken was a much better case overall. My only additional complaint (if you can call it that) is the Kraken does not have a belt clip (yet). The Defender does (which is something I like/prefer).

phartwig

Reaction score
anyone with a trident case that they don't like and would like to trade for a defender?

OP
maineultraclassic
Reaction score
I just got an email from Trident, and they said in 2 weeks the belt holster will be available for the Kraken.

I'm going to buy one when the holster gets released, get it as a package.

Steve

DroiDon

Reaction score
I took the leap and bought mine today, I can't wait!! I wish they had a grey polycarbonite case, but all black will do!

Janet1025

Reaction score
I took the leap and bought mine today, I can't wait!! I wish they had a grey polycarbonite case, but all black will do!

Which one did you get? My Kraken should be in the mail today(I hope)..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroiDon

Reaction score
Ooops! Sorry. I got the Kraken!! I've read nothing but great things about the Trident Case, so it seemed like a no brainer.

DroiDon

Reaction score
Just got my Kraken.. Wow, that free priority shipping is NO JOKE, got the case the day after I ordered it!!

Anyway, the polycarbonite case fits like a glove even with the extended battery. I almost wish there was a way to only use the polycarb case because it looks so awesome by itself.

The case makes the phone rediculously huge and bulky, but I knew what I was getting myself into. You have to want this case inorder to like it it seems, as everyone I've shown my new case to thinks its the ugliest thing ever created.

I only have one regret - going all black for the case. I figured if I got another color that would limit me, because I would find myself wanting my background to match the case :) but the all black is too plain almost. I wish they have a gunmetal grey polycarbonite case!!