otterbox case and funny story

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by ilikemoneygreen, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    i just happened to test this case finally! left my baby on the roof of my car and went about 50mph on the highway.
    heard a tiny thud off car roof... :confused: suddenly worried that the thud was my phone i did the quick body pat. :icon_ nono2: A couple million :censored: words later I did an Illegal U turn and drove on the wrong side of the highway (It was 3am) only to find my precious not in its case and on the pavement. :sad: But the phone it self was just sitting their... looking A-OK on the road. The otterbox case was in multiple lanes the lanes. I grabbed all and went back to my car, in which i examined everything only to find out my device is in beautiful condition still. The Otterbox case protected my phone and separated on impact. Its a little scratched up but the rubber protected everything. My phone is protected with a carbon skin and a screen cover so those absorbed most the scratches. my phone recieved 2- 4mm scratches on the bottom where my phone must have rolled once, thats it! 50 mph!:biggrin::hail:DancingNexus:yahoo: Such an emotional rollar coaster last night lol. Just thought id let you guys know.

2. SGTSCHU

SGTSCHU Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool. I trust my otterbox more than I trust myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

3. PhishyKris

PhishyKris Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Jesus. At first read I though you were talking about an actual human child. I've been drinking a bit and was very relieved that it was in fact your phone:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

4. GalaxyFlatulence

Ratings:
    +10
    you shouldn't be driving...... :icon_eek:

5. goosedeath

goosedeath Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Some careful and thoughtful Nexus caretaker you are. Lol.

How've you been money?!

Sent from my Galactic Unicorn!

6. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    I'm reporting you to child services. Can't believe you left your child on the roof. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

7. ilikemoneygreen

Ratings:
    +18
    Ive been good, how are you? havent really been up on the phone scene lately though because im taking 6 classes which seem to be picking up lately (finals are getting really close). All in all though life is pretty good unless CPS comes to my house trying to take away my precious... Id probably jump my fence while conveniently throwing the "baby" on the roof (hidden in plain sight). why im telling you this idk. Got to have a plan right :p and Ive got my nexus rooted now, took me a couple months to actually take time to do it but its to my liking now. didnt even unlock the bootloader though. :biggrin:

8. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Hey there money!!

My g/f did the same thing with her blackberry. No otter box though, the thing shattered.

9. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I think if you took some pics of the case and your phone we would believe you. Nah jk, I believe you:p

Seriously though would like to see some pics of both to see how much damage was done. A drop at 50mph onto concrete sounds like it turned out alot better than I had imagined, even with the Otterbox case.

10. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    :icon_ worthless:

Sorry, couldn't help myself :icon_ devil:

11. goosedeath

goosedeath Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm alright. Busy busy busy! Got fulltime work, and then sidework that's picking up, and a couple of hobbies that keep pulling me in all different directions. Haven't been on here much. I've got my nexus running liquid smooth 1.4 right now. Sweet, smooth and fast!

Question for you, are you having issues w/ 4g only where you live? Spesificly when leaving your nexus in 4g/3g and then losing all signal for either a short amount of time or for up to 5 min or more and or having to reboot to get signal back? At home I'm having a continuous battle w/ 4g dropping up and over 4 times an hour. I leave my home area, everything is fine. I've dropped more calls w/ the nexus than probably everybody on At&t combined. lol I've spoken to verizon about it, and they tell me I live in a "fringe" area. Middle of a major city is a FRINGE area?!?!?! Out of a 8-9hr period, I had no signal for 30% of the time...not cool.

12. ilikemoneygreen

Ratings:
    +18
    I forgot all about this thread! Rofl to your guys comments. I could post pics but im lazy. maybe if im not busy later. And Goose, i cant say i have connection issues that are severe as yours. I occasionally have trouble with the signal but its always solved by a reboot. I think it has trouble sometimes switching from 4g to 3g and wifi. Sometimes itl say i have the connection but ill get nothing. Maybe twice a week. Thats about it though. In my part of AJ i get no 4g so I dont really get many problems but i do go into Mesa everyday which gets great 4g and really dont have problems their either. Sounds like my roof phone is running better then yours DancingNexus. Trade it in for the GSIII, im debating. Maybe get some better battery life.

Search tags for this page

does otterbox affect signal

threats of an otterbox