Otter box Defender

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Since no one answered weather or not the LifeProof case has been redesigned for our phone I'm now looking at the otter box defender. Who has one, what's your review and can you please post pictures?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I run the otterbox defender with the plastic screen protector pushed out.. And a tempered glass screen protector in its place.. I've yet to drop my phone.. But i put the defender on all of phones.. ... I love it..

Hodor

Reaction score
I have both cases, and as far as I know they haven't redesigned the lifeproof or the otterbox, and they both need it! The otterbox built-in screen protector is horrible, protects well enough but doesn't seal well against the screen and it let's in a ton of dirt. Only solution is to do what 94lt1 did.

I use the lifeproof since I do 99% of my voice calls thru a Bluetooth headset, so the muffled sound isn't that big of an issue for me...

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
94lt1 would you mind posting a picture of that set up with the glass screen protector

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just saw this.. Yeah.. I'll get a pic posted tonight..

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I have both cases, and as far as I know they haven't redesigned the lifeproof or the otterbox, and they both need it! The otterbox built-in screen protector is horrible, protects well enough but doesn't seal well against the screen and it let's in a ton of dirt. Only solution is to do what 94lt1 did.

I use the lifeproof since I do 99% of my voice calls thru a Bluetooth headset, so the muffled sound isn't that big of an issue for me...
Hodor u should do there warranty replacement and see if the one they send you works or still muffles the sound

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
uploadfromtaptalk1424838296717.jpg
here ya go

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Doors the case for really snug against the glass screen protector or is there play with the case

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's snug.. But there's actually a small area around the outside of the screen, where the protector doesn't cover. (this is the one from verizon).. But its hard to tell... Jist make sure you or the vzw employee, gets a clean install..

berlinlt2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just got the Turbo yesterday with an otterbox. Coming from the otterbox with the Droid Ultra. I am very disappointed with the design of the Turbo otterbox clip. With the Ultra the phone felt secured in the clip. With the turbo it feels that it will fall out of the clip. I guess I will find out how it works

Hodor

Reaction score
I just got the Turbo yesterday with an otterbox. Coming from the otterbox with the Droid Ultra. I am very disappointed with the design of the Turbo otterbox clip. With the Ultra the phone felt secured in the clip. With the turbo it feels that it will fall out of the clip. I guess I will find out how it works
Try this case, it's made by Nite Ize.

Clip Case Sideways

I love this case, it took me forever to find one that I could wear on my belt that would fit my otterbox or lifeproof case(s). Make sure you get the extra large version..

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I started off with the Defender for my Droid Turbo and now I upgraded to the Lifeproof. Save yourself time and money and go with the Lifeproof quality is 10/10