Lifeproof Case is FIXED

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that the lifeproof case has been fixed. Last week i got annoyed by my otterbox defender because after i took the screen protector off and used it for a while it got flimsy so i broke down after reading some reviews stating that lifeproof has fixed the problems seen with the original run of lifeproof cases for the turbo. "side not i bought the lifeproof when i first bought the phone when it came out". I bought it from amazon at Amazon.com LifeProof Droid Turbo Case - Fre Series - Black Cell Phones Accessories if you have any questions let me know but after almost two weeks i have not had any problems with people hearing me on a call, hearing them, hearing my notifications, and the music output is loads better than the original run.

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Wow no love for the LifeProof case. I'm disappointed

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure someone (maybe not a member of DF) has read your thread and bought the case.

Case looks very durable and for the price it better be.

k1601

Reaction score
How is the screen protector? My biggest issue with the iPhone 5 lifeproof I had was the screen protector made the screen much darker and felt a lot "stickier" so to speak

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't use the lifeproof case, or any case for that matter. Instead I have a ballistic glass screen protector and when I'm out doing something active, I use my Spigen Slim Armor case. Only thing the lifeproof case has over my setup is waterproof, imo.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
$80 for a case?? I've never heard of this case before but I now realize why.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's because most people use them on their iPhones.
On top of the fact that you can pick up a decent case and a tempered glass screen protector for a fraction of that cost.
But hey, whatever works for ya is what I always say.

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Life proof cases are not life proof. They fall apart too easily. I will not purchase one again. We have tried a few of them with the same results. I tend to go with Urban Armor Gear now.

Hodor

Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that the lifeproof case has been fixed. Last week i got annoyed by my otterbox defender because after i took the screen protector off and used it for a while it got flimsy so i broke down after reading some reviews stating that lifeproof has fixed the problems seen with the original run of lifeproof cases for the turbo. "side not i bought the lifeproof when i first bought the phone when it came out". I bought it from amazon at Amazon.com LifeProof Droid Turbo Case - Fre Series - Black Cell Phones Accessories if you have any questions let me know but after almost two weeks i have not had any problems with people hearing me on a call, hearing them, hearing my notifications, and the music output is loads better than the original run.
Can you elaborate, if you know, what they fixed? I also use this case, actually have 2, as one was sent to me as a warranty replacement for the same problems you describe. This was back in
March or so, and the replacement was exactly the same and didn't fix a thing...

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
It seems to me that the case is the same but it works as it should. I would contact LifeProof about the problem, state that others have cases that work, and see if they can tell you the changes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk