Otter Box Defender and Speaker

AJC1616

Reaction score
Its well known that the Razr Maxx has a speaker problem. I have noticed that with my otter box defender series that the problem is worse. I have tried running my finger from the middle of the phone to the end of the speaker with the otter box on (the known speaker fix) but it does not work. I have had to take off my otter box since I can not use the speaker. Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a fix?

OP
A

AJC1616

Reaction score
So this is what I did and I hope that it will be my permanent fix. I cut some think strips of plastic off of a package i used four or five strips. I placed them underneath the speaker and reattached my otter box. My sound started to work. I will keep everyone updated.

OP
A

AJC1616

Reaction score
ForumRunner_20120712_073300.png

Caesars

Reaction score
I do not have this problem with my MAXX, however iT is good you found a fix (and took a picture), glad you got it working mate :).

OP
A

AJC1616

Reaction score
Caesar,

Do you have the otter box? Also you have never had the speaker problem?

Caesars

Reaction score
Aye, I have a razr maxx and otterbox defender.

OP
A

AJC1616

Reaction score
I hate to bring up an old thread but I am trying a new idea. The little strips of plastic really did not work well because they would move around. So this time around in my otterbox in between the speaker and flash I laid a paper clip down vertically. My sound works a lot more consistently and if it cuts out I quick press to the back of the case brings back my sound. I hope this helps people with the sound problem with an otterbox.

B0B0

Reaction score
I'm confused.
Your otterbox covers up your speaker? So... take a drill and drill through the otterbox.

OP
A

AJC1616

Reaction score
No I think the otterbox is somewhat responsible for my speaker cutting out. By pushing on the speaker the paper clip stops the speaker from cutting out.

OP
A

AJC1616

Reaction score
From what I have searched on the internet, the speaker cutting out is a problem.