OTA update

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by esheesle, Jan 26, 2012.

1. dan j

dan j Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I updated mine as well without incident.

2. Coupe

Coupe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, mine went well, great thread.

I deleted my yahoo app and I will see if the default mail client gets my sbc global mail pushed to it like my yahoo mail does.

Will it check the google mail with push now ya think?

3. tpavlic

tpavlic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apps to thaw/procedure to re-start OTA?

Probably because I had several apps frozen, my OTA downloaded and then just stopped. I found the 52MB OTAPkg.zip in /cache (must be rooted; there's a "fumo" directory in there, I think) after it downloaded, and I figured I might be able to load that into the recovery console, but I thought it would be better to get the OTA to kick off normally. So I deleted the 52MB OTAPkg.zip from the FUMO directory in /cache, I thawed out nearly everything that was HTC related, rebooted, and tried to "Check New" again... So far, no luck. Without factory resetting, what's the best procedure to get the OTA kicked off? What are the essential apps needed? What's missing?

4. dzone67

dzone67 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I noticed a very big improvement in the call quality. Anyone else?

Sent from a Rezound!

5. mjh68

mjh68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using a custom recovery ? Otherwise not sure.. I had to RUU back to stock then apply update, reunlock and reroot, but I am finally done :biggrin:

6. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Active Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung GS5
    Got mine tonight. Very uneventful. I didn't notice anything different.

7. Lenagainster

Lenagainster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Went to settings, checked for new software, available, started download. Download froze. Was on WiFi. Download must be over 4G. Disabled WiFi. No help. Restarted phone, then download continued. Installation was spooky. So much time with a blank screen, then installing new Verizon software, then blank screen, back to installing new Verizon software, repeat two more times, wondered if I was in an unending loop. Finally! HTC screen, no, back to blank screen. OOOH, here's the HTC screen again!, and finally the phone turned on. Why can't they do all that stuff in the background and have one little progress bar that's a true indicator of when the installation will finish?:mad:

8. RezoundHound

RezoundHound Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, there is a progress bar. If you pull down the Notification Bar it shows a progress bar allowing you to see the entire stage of the download. I did mine over WiFi and it worked without a hitch. I wouldn't trust 4G to do any kind of firmware update. Verizon might decide to have another 4G "outage" midstage and brick my phone.

RH

9. drknrgy

drknrgy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone here root/unlocked with this ota? Does it or has it effected root?
    I did try to push my update last night and status bar showed that it completed but I believe during the "unpacking"
    it may have failed. I got a green Droid with a red ! ?? Does anyone have any insight into this?
    Also, after reading many user results it appears that the update may have slowed 4g on phone. Many test running Speedtest have showed slower than normal results after the update.
    I am considering doing a factory reset and trying the ota push again but now hesitant after hearing negative results.
    I am interested in hearing from those that had root/unlocked on their results and experience thus far with this OTA
    Thanks!
    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

10. soccerdude77

soccerdude77 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had root/unlocked and yes it did give me better call quality and better signal but I lost root and I can't get it back. Anyone out here have any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

11. cp24eva

cp24eva Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I didn't have any huge problems to think of, but I'm happy that HTC is on the ball with getting things fixed. Some people are afraid that companies will neglect them as far us updates and fixes. Could this be a sign of things to come? In your opinions, do you think this update took to long to be released to customers? Like I said, I never had big issues, but I'm glad that only after a few months they pushed it.

12. Lenagainster

Lenagainster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yep, the notification showing the arrow moving down was working, and when I swiped down to open the notification, I saw the progress bar sitting at less than 5% and not increasing at all. Both the WiFi and 4G icons appeared at the top, so I made the assumption that the download was trying to use 4G and there was some sort of conflict. That's when I went to settings and disabled WiFi. Didn't help. Nothing was happening; 4G was inactive as was the progress bar. So I powered down, started up again, was in 4G mode since I had previously disabled WiFi, and the download completed. Didn't think that stopping a download part way would brick the phone, but shutting it down midway during an installation might.
    The phone seems to be more responsive with the update. So far, so good.

Search tags for this page
android otapkg.zip directory
htc rezound otapkg
native ota update procedure
otapkg.zip
otapkg.zip rezound
otapkg.zip rhyme
verizon.com/rezoundsupport
verizonwireless.com/rezound support

verizonwireless.com/rezoundsupport

www.verizonwireless.com/rezound support