OTA update

Coupe

Reaction score
got my update. It fixed the native mail app problems I was having. Makes me happy, I hated the yahoo mail app from the market

Chris

Can you elaborate on that? I am also using the yahoo app because of issues with the native app.

kimintenn

Reaction score
I just clicked on software update and followed the prompts and it updated mine within just a few minutes. When it came back on there was a popup box that said "Go Launcher is no longer your default app" or something like that and told me how to change it back. So, the phone looks the same as it did before now. I saw that it mentioned improved call quality. I already had perfect call quality so I guess this is just the cherry on top?

Escobar

Reaction score
I got the update, I never had any of the issues is fixes but I like having 5 bars again just like back in the day.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

RezoundHound

Reaction score
I was able to finally get the update by first doing a factory reset.

Good! That was going to be my next suggestion. My phone is "not" rooted, so I had no problems. The easiest way to tell if the update took is to just look for the "fifth" battery bar. Originally, the phone only had four.

RH

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Good! That was going to be my next suggestion. My phone is "not" rooted, so I had no problems. The easiest way to tell if the update took is to just look for the "fifth" battery bar. Originally, the phone only had four.RH
You mean signal bar, right?Yep, I now have 5, plus all the info in the About Phone under settings is now up to date.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Got mine. I just went to settings and checked for it. It was there.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on that? I am also using the yahoo app because of issues with the native app.

Alot of my emails had no body to them. Now they seem to be fine. Dumped the crappy yahoo market app and went back to the native one!

From my Rockin Rezound

Coupe

Reaction score
Cool, mine went well, great thread.

I deleted my yahoo app and I will see if the default mail client gets my sbc global mail pushed to it like my yahoo mail does.

Will it check the google mail with push now ya think?

tpavlic

Reaction score
Apps to thaw/procedure to re-start OTA?

Probably because I had several apps frozen, my OTA downloaded and then just stopped. I found the 52MB OTAPkg.zip in /cache (must be rooted; there's a "fumo" directory in there, I think) after it downloaded, and I figured I might be able to load that into the recovery console, but I thought it would be better to get the OTA to kick off normally. So I deleted the 52MB OTAPkg.zip from the FUMO directory in /cache, I thawed out nearly everything that was HTC related, rebooted, and tried to "Check New" again... So far, no luck. Without factory resetting, what's the best procedure to get the OTA kicked off? What are the essential apps needed? What's missing?

dzone67

Reaction score
I noticed a very big improvement in the call quality. Anyone else?

Sent from a Rezound!

mjh68

Reaction score
Probably because I had several apps frozen, my OTA downloaded and then just stopped. I found the 52MB OTAPkg.zip in /cache (must be rooted; there's a "fumo" directory in there, I think) after it downloaded, and I figured I might be able to load that into the recovery console, but I thought it would be better to get the OTA to kick off normally. So I deleted the 52MB OTAPkg.zip from the FUMO directory in /cache, I thawed out nearly everything that was HTC related, rebooted, and tried to "Check New" again... So far, no luck. Without factory resetting, what's the best procedure to get the OTA kicked off? What are the essential apps needed? What's missing?

Are you using a custom recovery ? Otherwise not sure.. I had to RUU back to stock then apply update, reunlock and reroot, but I am finally done :biggrin:

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Got mine tonight. Very uneventful. I didn't notice anything different.