OTA 2.2 Won't Install

OP
K

kyle4040

Reaction score
Okay ill give that a try.

Although I just checked out Titanium Backup on the market and it requires root. Would I need to root when i update onto 2.2 in order to use this and retrieve my data?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes. but its a simple process and theres no other way to back up apps AND their data without root.

TB is a wonderful app that saved me many times

OP
K

kyle4040

Reaction score
Okay, and I have never flashed an SBF before but is this what I would need to follow?

Step A: Using RSDLite to reset/unbrick/unroot the Droid X.

1. Install Windows 32-bit or 64-bit (Depending on your OS) Droid X USB Drivers.
  2. Install RSDLite 4.7
  3. Connect your phone to USB and turn it off. Turn your phone on and hold VOLUME DOWN and the CAMERA button.
  4. Run RSD Lite 4.7 as Administrator.
  5. Click the '...' next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file and double click the .sbf file.
  6. Hit start and below it should give you "Completion Progress" information.
  7. Once your phone is done being flashed (It may take a while so don't unplug it) it will reboot and you will be back at stock 2.1 no root.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
  1. Download RSD Lite (credit to MyDroidWorld)
  2. Install the RSDLite 4.7 program by double clicking on the program.
  3. Move the pst_flash.ini file into the following folder --> Program Files/Motorola/RSDLite
  4. Install the drivers that apply to your Operating System.
  5. Unzip the SBF into a folder. (Download Above)
  6. Open RSD Lite and find the UNZIPPED SBF
  7. Put your Motorola Droid X into bootloader. (turn phone off and hold volume down and the camera button while pressing the power button)
  8. Click start and sit back.

OP
K

kyle4040

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help.

I flashed the SBF and I updated to 2.2, rooted my phone and restored my backup with Titanium Backup Pro and My Backup.