Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^^^ me === :rofl3:

its fun to laugh so those hostile ones need to chillax

does a stylus work with Droid? my guess is that it wouldnt

crspang

Reaction score
It took my wife about 30 minutes of using her Droid to get used to not using her nails. She was used to an HTC Touch.
Don't let your wife give up, She'll get the hang of it quick.

droiddict

Reaction score
Could you BOYS just try not to give a sexist answer to so many questions around here? It's very immature and tiresome!
Are you a female with nails? Maybe you can make a recommendation for his wife?

I think the junk answers are way out-numbering the helpful and they just prove my point. Actually though, I agree that the Droid would be worth taking the nails off (if this was even a serious question). I work with computers all day and have to keep my nails short.

bigthinker

Reaction score
Not only does the Droid not like nails, if you live up north where its cold, it does not like gloves either....Thats a good reason to move south....SO you don't have to wear gloves in the winter.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Downside to a capacitive touch screen, you need to create that current to register a 'touch' gloves and nails prevent that :(

bbtkd

Reaction score
Its not so much a higher quality phone not responding to fingernails, its capacitive versus resistive touch screens. The droid and most other high end phones have the capacitive which only respond to the heat in your finger so that you don't pocket dial someone, get on the internet accidentally etc.

You are correct in that the droid uses a capacitive screen that requires skin touch, but it isn't the heat that does it, but capacitance. The commercial where a robot is using a Droid is certainly an animation, because a robot finger would be like a stylus and would not work on the Droid (unless they could somehow give it capacitance).

Nedaroth

Reaction score

nunka

Reaction score
The droid is worth taking the nails off. :)
Agreed. The ladies look better without fake/long nails anyway. Whoever popularized fake nails had better hope I never build a time machine...