One one bummer about the Droid...

M

Matth3w

I just got my Droid today and I really wanted my wife to be able to get one if she liked it, but the touch screen does not respond to fingernails. Her LG Dare does just fine. Bummer that a much higher quality phone like the Droid doesn't. :(

bots

Reaction score
Yeah I believe the dare has a resistive touch panel, as opposed to a capacitive one like the droid's. Capacitive is much better in my experience, but yeah, they don't like fingernails.

Manifesto Zero

Reaction score
Its not so much a higher quality phone not responding to fingernails, its capacitive versus resistive touch screens. The droid and most other high end phones have the capacitive which only respond to the heat in your finger so that you don't pocket dial someone, get on the internet accidentally etc.

dub8420

Reaction score
Not a bummer for me. Droid is for guys anyway. Just kidding. Yeah, that would be a big deal for someone with nails.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
she could use it without her nail hitting it can't she? unless they're very long.

droiddict

Reaction score
Could you BOYS just try not to give a sexist answer to so many questions around here? It's very immature and tiresome!

iPirate

Reaction score
Could you BOYS just try not to give a sexist answer to so many questions around here? It's very immature and tiresome!
Are you a female with nails? Maybe you can make a recommendation for his wife?

Lynx

Reaction score

I saw no sexist answers in those replies, instead I saw good options such as; using a stylus, not hitting it with her nail, or taking her nails off......

jrl9851

Reaction score

Shouldn't you be in the kitchen? Seriously, what is this world coming to? Females on the internet???

bacalao

Reaction score
ok yall need to chill with that. I don't think we should be dissing the wonderful ladies on this forum. not fair to make a hostile environment, leading to sausage fest forum. Women that are into tech make my droid happy lol