One one bummer about the Droid...

flavious27

Reaction score
OP
M

Matth3w

she could use it without her nail hitting it can't she? unless they're very long.
They're not really long, but they're "girly". As in maybe 1/4" or so. A lot of the functions are pretty close together and she doesn't really want to have to angle her fingers a certain way to get it to work.

It took my wife about 30 minutes of using her Droid to get used to not using her nails. She was used to an HTC Touch.
Don't let your wife give up, She'll get the hang of it quick.
I'm not going to pay 4-500 dollars for another phone in hopes that she sticks with it and likes it when she already really likes her LG Dare.

Only a 'capacitive touch' stylus will work on the Droid. But it WILL work. :)
capacitive stylus - Google Product Search

This is why a fingernail and regular stylus won't work.
She's not going to carry a stylus around, and I wouldn't either. Together we sent/received over 7000 text messages last month...she's not going to pull out a stylus every time.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the Droid just isn't for her. If you can find a phone she likes with a Resistive touch screen, that'd be more for her. Go to the Verizon store & test out a bunch of them, then go home & research ones she liked.

The droid is an amazing phone & it's a shame she can't use it just because of her nails.

Nolano

Reaction score
For me, it's a matter of habit. Even if I had long nails, they wouldn't get in the way because of the way I use the phone. i use the pad of my thumbs, generally. and that works just fine.

coondogg97

Reaction score
She can always use a stylus. A little cumbersome, but it gets around the fingernails issue.

no she can't. the same thing happens with a stylus.

Did you not see this?

^^^ me === :rofl3:

its fun to laugh so those hostile ones need to chillax

does a stylus work with Droid? my guess is that it wouldnt

Yes, run a search on iPhone stylus. Or find a stylus from a Nintendo DS.

JESSLYMK

Reaction score
Its just what she is used to. I love my droid and love the screen. My BFF has the Dare and she thinks its wonderful because shes used it but when she first got it she hated it because she was used to the Ipod Touch. I have long real nails and I use my phone just fine. She just needs to unlearn using her nails. Its ackword at first but after time its easy. I actually love my nails for the keyboard.

heatmisr

Reaction score
I have long nails and I love my droid. It took a little adjusting (came from the I760) but I have no problems. I use the ball of my thumb or the knuckle/joint (don't know what to call it) and it works fine.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
My wife uses her nose on her Eris...

No kidding she was needing to call me and she had her gloves on, it was so cold she didn't want to take them off, plus she was driving..so she used her nose to swipe the screen lock down and then hit the direct dial shortcut with her nose.

I was ROTFLMAO when she told me the story.

GeLopez

Reaction score
to the OP, tell your lady to give "thumbs" a chance. it just takes a little getting used to it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score