On my 3rd CLNR Droid in 3 weeks.

OP
G

GAPACmedic

Reaction score
I guess its not a coincidense, Im getting my 4th phone today. Over the past 2 weeks I have had 3 clnr phones sent to me, each had a different issue, the last one wouldnt activate.

There is defiantly a problem with the CLNR QC, I think the last one they sent me is brand new, it still has the plastic film around the edge of the screen, none of the others had that. I guess we'll see.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I guess its not a coincidense, Im getting my 4th phone today. Over the past 2 weeks I have had 3 clnr phones sent to me, each had a different issue, the last one wouldnt activate.

There is defiantly a problem with the CLNR QC, I think the last one they sent me is brand new, it still has the plastic film around the edge of the screen, none of the others had that. I guess we'll see.

They sent me a brand new phone aswell, full retail packaging. If this phone even remotely has an issue, its over. I love my droid, but the replacements they keep sending me are junk. Ive had every problem under the sun with these replacements, loose screens, non working camera, non working keys, reboots, wont activate, just tons of random issues I never had with my org droid. I shoulda kept my first one, it was such a good phone :/

Smokie

Reaction score
jesus i'm not ever going to try and swap my droid out for a CLNR unless it just totally quits working.. this sounds like a nightmare.. sorry guys :-(

dolpns13

Reaction score
I've had 3 CLRN Droids and all have been crap. First CLNR would not get a signal anywhere 2nd the screen crapped out 3 days after I got it and now they have sent me another CLNR. I'm sick of this game, if this CLNR craps out what are my options for getting something that works? VZW tried to send me a Eris because they didn't have any Moto Droids in the wearhouse, I told them HELL NO!!!!! Either a Moto Droid or a Droid X will be the only options, suddenly they found one and overnighted it to me and I got it today. What if any are my options if this CLNR craps out like the rest? Any ideas, this is getting silly.

whats a CLNR?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I've had 3 CLRN Droids and all have been crap. First CLNR would not get a signal anywhere 2nd the screen crapped out 3 days after I got it and now they have sent me another CLNR. I'm sick of this game, if this CLNR craps out what are my options for getting something that works? VZW tried to send me a Eris because they didn't have any Moto Droids in the wearhouse, I told them HELL NO!!!!! Either a Moto Droid or a Droid X will be the only options, suddenly they found one and overnighted it to me and I got it today. What if any are my options if this CLNR craps out like the rest? Any ideas, this is getting silly.

whats a CLNR?

certified like new replacement.

^ what a crocko'shizzle.

dolpns13

Reaction score

whats a CLNR?

^ what a crocko'shizzle.

Lol... Is that what they call them now adays? Just like the "certified" pre-owned pieces of crap they try to sell?... Hahah

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
whats a CLNR?

^ what a crocko'shizzle.

Lol... Is that what they call them now adays? Just like the "certified" pre-owned pieces of crap they try to sell?... Hahah

Yep lol. Never buy a refurbished phone, its like buying a car that was totaled. Once something is smashed on the ground, no matter how many times you fix it, its never like new. FYI my 2nd CLNR had a brand new screen/housing (but it was loose still lol). This last one, looks like someone use the headphone jack as a pencil sharpener. I haven't even tried it, wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work.

Humble

Reaction score

^ what a crocko'shizzle.

Yep lol. Never buy a refurbished phone, its like buying a car that was totaled. Once something is smashed on the ground, no matter how many times you fix it, its never like new. FYI my 2nd CLNR had a brand new screen/housing (but it was loose still lol). This last one, looks like someone use the headphone jack as a pencil sharpener. I haven't even tried it, wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work.

Lol, great, I am getting a CLNR in the morning. Accidentaly spilt coffee on my first Droid, they sent me the ERIS yestereday, and I like it but even with the 2.1 ota program, it still doesnt have the bells and whistles that the Droid does. So I asked them to send me another Droid and they are, please be a new phone!

Sometimes they are new phones right?

OP
G

GAPACmedic

Reaction score

Lol, great, I am getting a CLNR in the morning. Accidentaly spilt coffee on my first Droid, they sent me the ERIS yestereday, and I like it but even with the 2.1 ota program, it still doesnt have the bells and whistles that the Droid does. So I asked them to send me another Droid and they are, please be a new phone!

Sometimes they are new phones right?

They tried to send me a Eris but that wasn't gonna fly, I doubt you will be getting a new Droid but I hope it works well for you and you don't have the headaches I have had with CLNR Droids. Good luck with it.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Wow amazing to hear how some people have problems with their Droids. Hopefully you can get a good one soon

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Wow amazing to hear how some people have problems with their Droids. Hopefully you can get a good one soon

You jinxed me. My brand new droid (2 CLNR now 1 New) is messed up again. I cant catch a break, the screen on this one is loose and its brand new. I dont understand whats going on with these phones. Maybe its one of the last production runs and they didnt have the same QA dept... It came in different retail packaging then my org Droid. Not to mention its slow, like, way slower then a stock droid should be. Ive been trying to play World Attack and it locks up everytime i "jump". Seriously annoying stuff, this never happened on my org Droid even at stock speeds. Time to call Verizon and complain, they better give me a better phone or atleast make me eligible for an upgrade or im going to weasel my way out of my contract. :icon_evil:

OP
G

GAPACmedic

Reaction score

You jinxed me. My brand new droid (2 CLNR now 1 New) is messed up again. I cant catch a break, the screen on this one is loose and its brand new. I dont understand whats going on with these phones. Maybe its one of the last production runs and they didnt have the same QA dept... It came in different retail packaging then my org Droid. Not to mention its slow, like, way slower then a stock droid should be. Ive been trying to play World Attack and it locks up everytime i "jump". Seriously annoying stuff, this never happened on my org Droid even at stock speeds. Time to call Verizon and complain, they better give me a better phone or atleast make me eligible for an upgrade or im going to weasel my way out of my contract. :icon_evil:
Took my new one out today and it is worse than the others on signal strength hell I was roaming several times even after the roaming update thing. FML I'm going to try a code change that VZW had me do with one of the other phones and if that doesn't work it's time to push for a upgrade to a Incredible or a X.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i'm on my second Droid and the AUX crapped out.

the only reason i haven't exchanged it yet is cause i rooted it recently. i don't use the AUX jack at all to be honest, but come on....

Humble

Reaction score
Well just got my first CLNR and it seems to be working great. Man I love this phone.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Well just got my first CLNR and it seems to be working great. Man I love this phone.

Congrats, maybe they sorted out the issues. I would be they had low supply on Droids and were rushing out CLNR devices. On a side note, I got a Droid X out of Verizon for the hassle this caused me. Cost me $49 and I had to renew my contract but it was worth it.