CLNR DNA on the way for me...

jplemt

Reaction score
I'm slightly apprehensive, but had the SIM card error 3 times in one day, once while on an important call for work. Just heard a pop, and no voice, saw the nice little icon on the notification area, and that was about it for me. I also had an issue with hearing the "Standard 3," or whatever it's called, ringtone from my earpiece. Apparently, that is also a known issue with this phone. The ringing wouldn't go away until I restarted the phone. I did try a hard reset and this did not help the problem. I am only upset that the phone is approx 30 days old and have to get a CLNR. It should be here Monday. Anyone had any luck so far with them?

Maelock

Reaction score
I had the same SIM card error and was given a CLNR replacement. The replacement looks brand new and I couldn't find any problems with it. I have not had any SIM card or ringtone errors since activating it about four weeks ago. I think you'll be satisfied.

OP
jplemt

jplemt

Reaction score
Got the replacement phone today. No problems so far. The only thing I noticed was in the program menu it was manufactured in November of last year and had 33 hours on the call timer.

OP
jplemt

jplemt

Reaction score
Does anyone know: do they put new batteries in them? I mean it's a relatively small expense compared to the cost of the phone. The vzw rep said they essentially replace the inside but use a used shell.

OP
jplemt

jplemt

Reaction score
So 3rd CLNR DNA on its way. First one the proximity sensor bit the dust and quit working completely. Second one the compass, gyro, and orientation sensors didn't work from the get go.

Psykho

Reaction score
So 3rd CLNR DNA on its way. First one the proximity sensor bit the dust and quit working completely. Second one the compass, gyro, and orientation sensors didn't work from the get go.

Just wondering if you tried Settings/Display and Gestures /G-sensor calibration before you got rid of the 2nd one?

OP
jplemt

jplemt

Reaction score
Yeah I tried that one. I used a sensor test program also and the proximity and light sensor were the only ones giving an output to the phone.

Psykho

Reaction score
Yeah I tried that one. I used a sensor test program also and the proximity and light sensor were the only ones giving an output to the phone.

Well that sucks... I hope the third one is good for you I've had my DNA since day one and have had no problems.

OP
jplemt

jplemt

Reaction score
I really like the feel and build quality of the phone. Audio is clear, call quality is good. I guess I just feel that if I bought it everything should work even something as little as the compass. Battery life has been good and the screen is great. I am just not a big fan of the CLNR program. Obviously they can't check and diagnose everything that could be wrong with the phone. They were returned for a reason. The phone I sent in had only 6 hours on the lifetime call timer. The first refurb had 33 hours and the second had 54 so they were both obviously well used phones prior to going in for return.

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I really like the feel and build quality of the phone. Audio is clear, call quality is good. I guess I just feel that if I bought it everything should work even something as little as the compass. Battery life has been good and the screen is great. I am just not a big fan of the CLNR program. Obviously they can't check and diagnose everything that could be wrong with the phone. They were returned for a reason. The phone I sent in had only 6 hours on the lifetime call timer. The first refurb had 33 hours and the second had 54 so they were both obviously well used phones prior to going in for return.

I agree. I have kept my DNA because day 24 was the first SIM CARD error. Of course outside of exchange for new phone window....happens randomly a few times a week.....I figured I knew my phone's only issue and even though its a pain in the butt, its beter to me than rolling the dice on a used phone that had its own issues....unknown to me...... If I wasn't on call 24/7 for work, I wouldn't mind as much as I do but I hate missing calls because they can't get through.....luckily my immediate supervisor is aware and will call my home or wife's phone when he calls and it goes directly to voicemail.....Verizon told me I was SOL and couldn't do anything for me.

Sent from my DNA.