On my 3rd CLNR Droid in 3 weeks.

GAPACmedic

Reaction score
I've had 3 CLRN Droids and all have been crap. First CLNR would not get a signal anywhere 2nd the screen crapped out 3 days after I got it and now they have sent me another CLNR. I'm sick of this game, if this CLNR craps out what are my options for getting something that works? VZW tried to send me a Eris because they didn't have any Moto Droids in the wearhouse, I told them HELL NO!!!!! Either a Moto Droid or a Droid X will be the only options, suddenly they found one and overnighted it to me and I got it today. What if any are my options if this CLNR craps out like the rest? Any ideas, this is getting silly.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Keep complaining, even if you have to keep calling and threaten to close your account.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Keep complaining, even if you have to keep calling and threaten to close your account.

I would be careful using those threats, sometimes it backfires.

With the display, have you tried anything to fix it? does it go into recovery, or hard reset?

Try also holding the T key while powering it on from the off state, this way you can see if its physical or not.

OP
G

GAPACmedic

Reaction score
The VZW rep called this morning to see if I had my phone yet and I didn't, he gave me a 10% discount on my cell and data plan for 6 months. I told him that was nice of them to do but who goes through 4 phones in 4 months? I'm not breaking them or abusing them they just crap out.

OP
G

GAPACmedic

Reaction score

I would be careful using those threats, sometimes it backfires.

With the display, have you tried anything to fix it? does it go into recovery, or hard reset?

Try also holding the T key while powering it on from the off state, this way you can see if its an app or not.
Yep did all that nothing on either of them.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have 3 exchanges in a 90 day period, you can do a "FRU to New" - you'll get a brand new compatible device (not sure what the matrix shows right now for compatible device but don't count on it being a DX), the brand new compatible device will be whatever the 2 year pricing is on whatever the exchanged phone is currently, and it also resets your New Every 2 on that line.

That's the official VZW stance on CLNR - formerly known as FRU.

OP
G

GAPACmedic

Reaction score
If you have 3 exchanges in a 90 day period, you can do a "FRU to New" - you'll get a brand new compatible device (not sure what the matrix shows right now for compatible device but don't count on it being a DX), the brand new compatible device will be whatever the 2 year pricing is on whatever the exchanged phone is currently, and it also resets your New Every 2 on that line.

Thaks for the info, I guess if it dies again I'll get a NIB one. I don't care if it is a CLNR I just want one that works.

vzwtek

Reaction score

That program no longer exists, and dont try to use it. You will not like the "comparable model" you will get.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

That program no longer exists, and dont try to use it. You will not like the "comparable model" you will get.
Can you tell me what it was replaced with then? I'll have to check with my former VZW co-workers about it.

vzwtek

Reaction score
"Can you tell me what it was replaced with then? I'll have to check with my former VZW co-workers about it."

Its been replaced with the certified pre owned program, say if you are not happy with the device you have, you can buy a reconditioned model at a pretty decent subsidy for a much lesser price than retail.
I'll call a few friends to see if I can get a list.

The other advantage to this is that you dont renew your agreement or anything like that, its pretty good. I will have to see what phones are a available though.

OP
G

GAPACmedic

Reaction score
"Can you tell me what it was replaced with then? I'll have to check with my former VZW co-workers about it."

Its been replaced with the certified pre owned program, say if you are not happy with the device you have, you can buy a reconditioned model at a pretty decent subsidy for a much lesser price than retail.

The other advantage to this is that you dont renew your agreement or anything like that, its pretty good. I will have to see what phones are a available though.

I'd like to see whats on it also. I know the VZW rep said if they didn't have a Droid in stock they would send me a Eris, of course I said no way. I'm sure it's de Desire or what ever it's called.

vzwtek

Reaction score

I'd like to see whats on it also. I know the VZW rep said if they didn't have a Droid in stock they would send me a Eris, of course I said no way. I'm sure it's de Desire or what ever it's called.

they've got devour, droid, eris, they have all kinds of stuff on there, I was going to go back and look if there are any big ticket items yet.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I guess its not a coincidense, Im getting my 4th phone today. Over the past 2 weeks I have had 3 clnr phones sent to me, each had a different issue, the last one wouldnt activate.