??? on Google Calendar

travelmom

Reaction score
My razr recently updated. I have had some apps disappear and other minor things but nothing I haven't been able to figure out. My Google calendar sends me notifications when I have appointments. Today, I had a notification sent to me in a blue color (all the ones I input show up green). It came from a International Commercial Bank LtD Ghana (definitely a SPAM notification). I have never had any spam connected to my phone calendar--in emails--of course but the spam filter catches about 99% of them. Since yesterday, I have noticed an increase in SPAM/PHISHING coming into my email account. Just wondering how this notification was linked to my calendar. I have never seen this before in the different droids I have owned. Thanks for any information you can send my way.

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you got that message - it doesn't sound like something Google Calendar could do without an entry - but here's a guy who got something from the same bank via Skype, so who knows?

wcjeep

Reaction score
Do you have any of the apps recently pegged as spam from the Play Store?

KruseLudsMobile

Reaction score
My razr recently updated. I have had some apps disappear and other minor things but nothing I haven't been able to figure out. My Google calendar sends me notifications when I have appointments. Today, I had a notification sent to me in a blue color (all the ones I input show up green). It came from a International Commercial Bank LtD Ghana (definitely a SPAM notification). I have never had any spam connected to my phone calendar--in emails--of course but the spam filter catches about 99% of them. Since yesterday, I have noticed an increase in SPAM/PHISHING coming into my email account. Just wondering how this notification was linked to my calendar. I have never seen this before in the different droids I have owned. Thanks for any information you can send my way.
A spate of new spam attacks are suddenly hitting everyone's calendars (if they use Gmail). You can easily stop this by quickly changing a setting using the link below (check the picture I attached before going to this link):

Google Calendar

Emails you receive containing calendar invitations - once you open and click "Accept" to the invitation - and only those - will still be sent to your (Google) calendar.

(Just keep in mind, if you don't stay caught up with your emails however - then you might miss some events that you did want to attend - as well as a bunch of SPAM!)
5035dc3936969fd2109ec80fd338bc1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just to clarify....it's not Spam being sent to Google Calendars and it's definitely not hitting "everyone's" calendar. It is a vulnerability that exists when accepting Calendar invites sent via email. But a vulnerability doesn't mean that every calendar invite is spam, or that accepting every invite is malicious. If, and big if here, a hacker knows how to exploit this vulnerability and if they know your G Mail address then maybe (big maybe) you could be sent malicious code via a calendar invite. The steps you linked are a good security measure, along with don't click calendar invites from people you don't know.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk