Calendar reminders

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Hi,
Is there a app or a way to set the calendar to remind me of appointments, birthdays and the ever so important anniversaries? I was able
to do it on the original Droid however it only lasted a year or so then no reminder notification. I seem to remember that I had to set it up from my computer through Google's site. I'd like to have this running again so I won't keep getting myself into trouble all the time. I guess I just don't have the memory I once did, well I take that back, I do remember walking around with a pocket Rolodex for all of my phone numbers. My little black book so to speak. Anyway, I have all the important dates for all my contacts stored, I would like to export that info to the calendar so I can have a heads up in advance. I can't go back to the doghouse.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
On your Calender app, go into settings, then general settings and at the very bottom you can set default reminder.

For some reason, my calendar always includes the special occasion dates I have in my contacts but maybe you will need to go set the Default calendar to phone or your gmail. If the dates show up in calendar view then it should give you a notification reminder.

So who's anniversary did you forget? Lol (but not really if you're in the dog house)

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Monday, yesterday was my wedding anniversary. I didn't realize it until I got home and it was too late. It's a bad, bad feeling. It's 2:30 and I'm on the couch with the dogs looking at me. So you see, I don't want to be in this position again. I ordered flowers for her. I'll make it up to her. I'm such an a**

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Eww, yeah you're in the dog house! Write her a personal note letting her know all the wonderful things in your life just because of that very special day.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I must be doing something wrong, I still can't get it to work. It'll display the national holidays but nothing from my Google account. It must not be synchronized or something.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm sure you have already checked this but just in case...go to settings, accounts and sync. Click on your gmail account and make sure calendar and contacts are checked.