Calendar Reminders

ABQNM

Reaction score
I am new to the dinc2 and I have discovered something that I do not like and wonder if there is maybe something I am missing. In the calendar settings I have the default reminder time set to 5 minutes, but whenever I add an event, I have to press menu and add reminder. It does not automatically add the reminder. Every other Android device I have used adds the reminder by default. Does anyone know of a way to get the reminder to be enabled by default? It is fairly easy to forget to hit menu and add reminder every time and really don't want to miss appointments for this.

OP
ABQNM

ABQNM

Reaction score
When I go to add an appt and scroll down to where the reminder should be, there is not one there. If I save it, it sets up without a reminder. I have to press menu > add reminder every time in order for one to appear. I want it to always set a reminder unless I manually remove it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
ABQNM

ABQNM

Reaction score
What OS version are you running? Mine came with gingerbread stock so I have no root and I took the small maintenance update.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

OP
ABQNM

ABQNM

Reaction score
Discovered the issue. Apparently the sense calendar tries to be too intelligent and if you have the alerts off it will not set a reminder. I use an app called calendar snooze for my calendar alerts so I turn off the notifications on the stock app. This works fine in AOSP and on the Droid X blur. Oh well I guess I have to leave the stock status bar notification on. Thanks for helping!

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.