Google calendars not syncing

scion676

Reaction score
So I am having pretty much the same issue, but the funky thing is... I have two google calendars attached to my razr... my work and my personal... The personal calendar syncs just fine (adding an event on my PC shows up on my phone almost instantaneously). For the work calendar, I have to manual sync for things to transfer over... this used to work maybe 2 weeks ago and just suddenly stopped for no reason. I have checked all of the settings that people mentioned above (auto-sync is turned on, I don't use the power widget but I checked it, I disabled smart actions, I deleted and added the corporate google account and rebooted the phone in between...). Corporate Mail syncs fine, corp contacts sync fine... but the damn calendar no longer syncs without a manual push... Any other ideas? I also tried clearing the data in app settings for the application and service... that didn't work either.

bjb0413

Reaction score
Disappearing Calendars

I had meant to get back to you when you first posted & got sidetracked. It seems to me you might have another problem simply because you can actually get your calendars to sync manually. I could not. However, I will tell you what I went through before I wrote the Forum & maybe something will trigger another path for you to explore.....

1. I use Google Calendar on my laptop, Business Calendar App on my RAZR.
2. Checked my laptop Google Calendar. All is good. At least I haven't lost any appointments forever.
2. I had recently received an update to the System Version on my phone. That MUST be the problem! So, I have to figure out what THEY did....
3. Tried manual sync. Same 2 calendars still missing.
4. Maybe sync settings got reset somehow? No, the settings are correct on both laptop & phone.
5. Suddenly remembered I hadn't checked Google Calendar on my phone to see if the calendars are there, or maybe the sync settings there were had been changed. All looked right, but the calendars did not show up in the Google Calendar app, either.
6. During all this, I was also doing internet research & had found it was had been a battery saver problem back in 2011. I had tried a couple of battery savers on my old Droid, but hadn't used them. I use Timeriffic at night to shut everything down. That's the only app that did anything with saving battery power that I had brought to the new phone.
7. EXCEPT, I had forgotten about Smart Actions, which would have been helpful to automatically shut everything off in specific locations. However, that only works if you have GPS running. At least, I that's the only time it seemed to work for me. So, not very useful. I just put Smart Actions totally out of my mind.

That's the end of my saga. I hope there's something in there that triggers a new path to a solution for you. Good Luck!!

scion676

Reaction score
Oddly enough, downloading and setting up Touchdown Mail has fixed my sync issues. For some reason the corp google account just wasn't working for calendar sync. But Touchdown is working, not instantaneously but it does the job. Good thing I'd gotten my previous company to pay for it!

schleprock

Reaction score
i recommend using "the synker" application

i've been having a hell of a time getting my google calendars to sync with my droid bionic. sometimes it would sync within a few minutes, sometimes after a few days! i found an application: "the synker widget" https://play.google.com/store/apps/...VyaG91cnNkZXZlbG9wZXJzLmFuZHJvaWQuc3lua2VyIl0. which allows you to force a sync with all your calendars/email/books ... the widget allows you to create individual widgets that will sync a set of items. for example i have a "cal sync" widget which will force a sync of all of my calendars. it works great! the basic app is free (which is what i use). you can get a key to unlock some advanced features along with a set of themes.

anyway, google auto-sync sucks, and it really sucks that google doesn't provide a sure fire way to sync your calendars. this application does.

schleprock