Exchange calendar will not sync actively

midnight51

Reaction score
Ive added my corporate exchange account but the calendar is not syncing properly

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
midnight51

midnight51

Reaction score
This didn't help ... my settings are correct ...

chunnel

Reaction score
This didn't help ... my settings are correct ...

Same problem. Same phone. Contacts and email are syncing properly, but even though calendar is checked in the general settings, my calendar entries are not syncing.

tgbiker

Reaction score
Driod Entries Only

My calendar sync's with Exchange except for the entries I type directly into the Droid. These do not sync back to Exchange. I have searched everywhere and cannot find a solution. Any and all help would be appreciated.

chunnel

Reaction score
My calendar sync's with Exchange except for the entries I type directly into the Droid. These do not sync back to Exchange. I have searched everywhere and cannot find a solution. Any and all help would be appreciated.

My droid will receive calendar entries created on outlook. I can change entries on droid that were created on outlook, but it will not take entries created in droid and put them in exchange or outlook.

Lexiconix

Reaction score
I have the same problem... calendar events created in outlook sync to phone, but events created on phone will not sync to outlook. One thing I do find is that outlook calendar events have selectable priority levels while the phone does not... also did notice that upon turning off sync on phone that it wipes the calendar clean, and then when I go to re enable it... it brings back the events that were created on the phone upon initial re-sync but still doesn't show up in outlook. I am thinking maybe it is there but it will not show because it does not have a priority level set to that specific calendar event created on the phone to be viewable in outlook. Outlook version is 2007.

RavingLunatech

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but are you assigning the event to your Exchange calendar(s)? There are separate calendars for Droid and the Google and/or Exchange calendars. After wrestling with my phone for a while, I realized I had some things in the Droid calendar, which didn't get pushed to my Exchange account. I have 4 Exchange calendars and one phone calendar...and then one other weird one I can't figure out. :p

When you create a new event, you can select from a drop down at the top which calendar the event should go into. My phone calendar is called -- go figure -- "phone calendar." The others are named as I named them in Outlook.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I am also particular about the colors of my calendars. The Droid defaults are ugly. I found a free app called "Set Calendar Colors" in the Market that lets me assign any color I want to each calendar.

Lexiconix

Reaction score
I am aware of the different accounts yes... and I am quite certain that I am assiging my calendar events to my corporate account. Events made in outlook sync to phone but events made on phone do not sync to outlook but if I wipe the account and reload... the events I entered via phone comes back but still does not show in outlook itself.

JJBoods

Reaction score
This is an old thread, but has anyone else had or fixed the problem? I was struggling with this and made a discovery. I use Jorte. If I create the item in Jorte, it syncs with my built in Calendar app, but not Exchange. If I create in Exchange, it syncs everywhere. I finally found out how to get the Droid created item to sync to Exchange....it needs to be created in the built in calendar app, not Jorte. Hope this helps anyone who is still searching or who searches later!

alabamacre

Reaction score
Sometimes they break

I've had this problem for the past month, and I finally figured it out....no thanks to HTC, AT&T or my Exchange Active Sync provider. They all told me it was their problem, but another provider's issue. I was about to throw them all under the bus.

My problem was that the Exchange ActiveSync calendar stopped syncing, although the email and contacts worked fine. Appointments from my phone would sync to Outlook, but any appointment I put in Outlook would not sync to my phone.

This is my solution:

On my HTC Vivid, android version ICE, 4.0.3, AT&T cellular provider.
I went to: Home, Menu, Settings, Apps, All Apps, Calendar Storage.
Clear Data in Calendar Storage. This should erase the Exchange Calendar from your phone. I did not even have the Exchange Calendar as an option to view when I opened my Calendar.
Now, Remove the Exchange Account, and re-install it. No need to turn the phone off in between. My calendar worked perfectly after that.

If you really want to be thorough, clear the data on the Calendar and Calendar Widget, also.

I could not clear the cache in Calendar Storage, Calendar or Calendar Widget - it was not an available option for me.

I hope this helps!!!

jubilee32

Reaction score
Exchange Calendar will not synch properly

Had the same issue with spouse'sphone.

Go to "Calendars to display" and make sure "Phone Claendar" is not checked. "Phone Claendar" is a nonsynchable calendar. Bad news is that you will most likely have to re-enter those dates/events:angry: