OK, who's planning on upgrading to the Droid X

jetdoc

Reaction score
Yea I've been told the same, they are not doing pre orders so there is no backorder. You can put your name on a list at BB....but its unlikely there is a backorder if there is no order list yet at VZW.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, awaiting the 2ghz vaporware monster, but if I ind a runaway X, all the better.

NorCal Droid-X

Reaction score
I would if i could, but the earliest i can upgrade is in December. By then there will be a phone thats REALLY worth upgrading to from the original droid. Probably the 2ghz phone.

No,

You can get it right away!!

They did the same thing as apple,...if your contract ends anytime this year, you are eligible for the upgrade!!

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I'm kinda on the fence. I love my Droid, and this is the only phone thats tempted me since my Droid. I wanna know whether they''ll be a community and plenty of customization like the original Droid. Also, if it will get 2.3/3.0 Gingerbread. I might wait till the end of the year. Ah. Decisions, decisions.
How many of you think the Droid X is worth the upgrade?

Chillson

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go ahead make that switch myself, I'll wait till a 2nd model phone with 2ghz comes out. I just can't see a 2ghz phone having substantial battery life yet. The Droid X has 1ghz and last a solid day and a half from reviews, which is pretty impressive if you ask me.

barski

Reaction score
I called yesterday and canceled my Droid Incredible order for the Droid X. Just 1 major issue (to me anyways) with the incredible that's stopping me from buying it. RECEPTION

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go ahead make that switch myself, I'll wait till a 2nd model phone with 2ghz comes out. I just can't see a 2ghz phone having substantial battery life yet. The Droid X has 1ghz and last a solid day and a half from reviews, which is pretty impressive if you ask me.

I am with you on that. A 1 ghz phone running froyo will be plenty fast for me until they can really perfect the 2 ghz design and get android 3.0+ out

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda on the fence. I love my Droid, and this is the only phone thats tempted me since my Droid. I wanna know whether they''ll be a community and plenty of customization like the original Droid. Also, if it will get 2.3/3.0 Gingerbread. I might wait till the end of the year. Ah. Decisions, decisions.
Same here. I was prepared to pay retail for the Droid. Now I actually might with the X.

The X is worth the upgrade to me. Its not just about the speed or that amazing chip. It's every thing combined.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Worth it for me too. That screen...mmmmmm :rockon:

Signum

Reaction score
I called yesterday and canceled my Droid Incredible order for the Droid X. Just 1 major issue (to me anyways) with the incredible that's stopping me from buying it. RECEPTION

i have no reception issues with mine o_O

jetdoc

Reaction score

Not sure if its a regional thing but I had great reception with my DIC, my call quality was top notch and I was able to use my phone inside my home, something I could not do with my other phones.

I did have the reboot issue starting to creep up on me, I had maybe 8 reboots.

I just will be waiting with my fingers on the keyboard, ready to hit, 'order' when the X is available.

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
Man, now I am reading that the X will most likely have a digitally signed bootloader making custom ROMs a long way off if at all.

Might well be that I would be satisfied with just a root (when that happens) and not ever want a custom ROM on the X. From what I have seen, it does everything I want but... who knows down the line. I have always been a fan of custom ROMs and tweaking my stuff.

Now I am wondering if I should cancel my X pre-order and just pick up a used Droid, root/ROM with with FroYo and then overclock it.

Benefits would be that a used droid is reletively cheap, there are already a ton of sweet ROMs and accessories for the Droid and I won't need a new contract. If needed/desired, I can always sign a contract later this year when the 2ghz/Gingerbread phones drop.

Downside will be that I want that sexy screen soooooo bad!

What to do!!!!!!

imthescatman

Reaction score
I don't have an android phone, but I am in the market for one. I was considering getting this phone but I'm going to be studying out of the country for 5 months in Europe and this phone isn't GSM capable... :icon_evil:. Oh well...when i get back it'll be around christmas time so hopefully some tight 2Ghz phones will be out by then.

OP
B

b16a2smith

trying to get my hands on an sbf, would be awesome but a shot in the dark. Might cost me though :/