OK, show of hands. How many of you guys use Star Trek sounds as Alerts and Ringtones

jgumphress

Reaction score
What's the best site for the Trek ringtones? Can you download right to phone, or do I have to put 'em on the desktop and then transfer? I'm an old guy with very little tech savvy, so simple directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You can do it either way with the Droid. The easiest way is to just download from Market from your Droid. You can also find many different free tones just by doing a Google search. But then you will have to drag and drop them into your Droids SD card through the USB cable to a media folder you create on your Droid. We can help you with that too if you decide to do that also.

BastardKitty

Reaction score
Random question since you guys seem pretty nice & are active on this thread: Is google voice worth it, and if so, is that why everyone wants an invite so badly?:icon_ laughup:

(I just used that emoticon above b/c he is funny and wanted to see what he looked like.)

nooter99

Reaction score
Yeah, a few weeks back I downloaded a Star Trek app from the market but wasn't very impressed with the audio quality. What's the best website for good quality sound as far as Star Trek sounds are concerned? I might even be able to do the transfer from pc to phone without too much help from you guys! I know...it sounds crazy...but I'm feeling overly confident today!

JRDroid

Reaction score
@SCUBA-GUY... you wouldn't still have a link to these sites. I haven't found many HQ sounds.

The only sounds I have is from a GNP Crescendo CD of "Star Trek Sound Effects" I got years ago.

However, I only have one thing on my phone. I had a friend "get" the sound off a DVD of TNG's first episode "Encounter at Farpoint."

When my phone boots up, it says "I am an Android."

you HAVE to post the sound file. That is the best ever.

brianes99

Reaction score
guilty

i use "captain, incoming message" from Worf for gmail allerts and "incoming transmission" from Majel Barrett (computer voice) for my earthlink email.

zigadabooga

Reaction score
"Communicator" sound for notifications, "all hands on deck" sound (ok navy whistle really) for email

darkmatter

Reaction score
I have item acquistion sound from metroid for texts, item found from zelda for emails, and zelda boss music for ringer.

I might have to look into star trek sounds.