OK, show of hands. How many of you guys use Star Trek sounds as Alerts and Ringtones

Diordna

Reaction score
When someone calls me it goes.. "So you wanna be a master of pokemon, do you have the skills to be number one?! We all live, in a pokemon world.." ect

Don't judge me, it's cool I swear..

Reaction score
I just got my Droid & this was one of the first threads i looked for. I LOVE it.

I just need to figure out how to set the tones up and or create them. I really really want Wrath of Kahn sounds....eeeee!!!!dancedroid

A friend of mine is using "KAAAAAHHHNNN!" as his ring tone. Scares the crap of most people.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
My email notifications are the classic communicator notification. My text notification is Worf say "Captain. Incoming message".

BastardKitty

Reaction score
OMG That video is fantastic! It shall be posted on my FB profile! I went to one of the websites that scuba guy listed & i got the Hells Fury & KHAN quotes of course...and oh..the Romulan Ale. Those are great :heart:

Thanks for the tips! Did I mention i love this thread? BTW - the poster "Those Were the Droids you were Looking For" is taped up in my office.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I liked Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Yall giving me ideas with the Star Trek, Star Wars sounds...

KevinJ

Reaction score
I was thinking the other day it would be extremely cool (for me anyway) to have an app that sent out different messages for weather watches and warnings. My plan was to get some Star Trek sounds of "Yellow Alert" and "Red Alert" for the respective watch/warning.:biggrin:

jimhd09

Reaction score
ringtone

Moto-Droid How do I get an ringtone assocciated with one contact?

BastardKitty

Reaction score
I like the Yellow & Red Alert idea dancedroid

Re: setting sounds to the contact - i think you just go to the contact, click on edit contact & you should be able to set it that way.

msu

Reaction score
Chewbacca has always been my text received notification. It is funny cause the guys walk around here at work trying to sound like it. LOL

BastardKitty

Reaction score
I have that one too....I love chewie. I also have a yoda one that says, "Message from the Dark Side there is."

Reaction score
Does there have to be a winner? Can't we just enjoy both? :)

I just felt some of the Star Trek sounds were perfect for use on the phone. I.E., the communicator chirps when the Bluetooth headset connects and stuff like that. Since this thread started I have added some Star Wars sounds as well. I enjoyed those movies too, however there is a lot more Star Trek out there to choose from. :)

Got me thinking though, wonder if there is a LCARS theme for the phone? Will have to do a search for that...

Sweeterhome has a theme called "Trek" that is LCARS.
SweeterHome - Treking - sweeterhome.com

It's a little buggy but they are working on it. That's the best Star Trek theme I've seen.

I've had the "communicator chirp" on my phones for years. Ever since I got the LG VX8600 I had the "chirp" as my primary ringtone and got all kinds of reactions. Fellow geeks would say "That's the coolest ringtone ever" and non-geeks would ask why I had a bird chirp as a ringtone.

I've also used the "I've got a bad feeling about this" sound clip as a ringtone for a friend that always whined and complained when he called. My mother-in-law's ringtone is Vader's March (set by my WIFE not me). I've thought about setting up my start up sound as "Hello Dave" and my shut-down as "My mind is going".

fjmarch

Reaction score
Moto-Droid How do I get an ringtone assocciated with one contact?

Easy one, Phone, Contacts, select specific contact,select menu <it is the one with the lines>, select options, select ringtones, select the one you want.

You can also send specific contacts directly to voicemail, I have to admit there are certain times that I send the Mrs. direct to voicemail.

KevinJ

Reaction score
I've also used the "I've got a bad feeling about this" sound clip as a ringtone for a friend that always whined and complained when he called. My mother-in-law's ringtone is Vader's March (set by my WIFE not me). I've thought about setting up my start up sound as "Hello Dave" and my shut-down as "My mind is going".
Clever. :)

For a while my Dad was complaining about one of my aunt's calling all the time to whine about stuff, and he would say "oh, it's "psycho" calling. So I put the music from the movie Psycho as the ringtone for her. :D

I haven't really done much with ringtones and the like yet, but years ago when I went "soundclip mad" on my computer I had changed the boot-up sound to Vader's "What is thy bidding, my master" and then a Cylon "By your command." My email notification was from Month Python & the Holy Grail; "Message for you sir!"

Cleskers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are both great. I personally use Dr Who sounds. The 05 them for ring tone, Tardis for emails, and Darlek (exterminate) for text. Nothing like sitting at the kids baseball games and hearing the Tardis. I live out in the sticks....I mean the sticks.