OK, show of hands. How many of you guys use Star Trek sounds as Alerts and Ringtones

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Yep, I'm guilty. Started with some of the soundboards available on the market and then ended up searching the web from my laptop and found tons of even higher quality sound effects. Some are just too good not to use.

For example when my bluetooth headset connects the notification is the communicator sound.

When my battery runs low, "One minute till auto-destruct"

A console beep when an app is installed.

The "Red alert" siren for my Mom's ringtone cause she only actually calls when it is really important. Otherwise she just texts. Still getting used to the fact that my Mom not only texts, but she is good at it.

For "non-individualized" text messages Worf - "Captain, incoming message..." All the people I text regularly have a ringtone set just for them so I hardly ever hear this one.

For my friend that I tease for being a blond - Spock - "Fascinating"

Sure I am forgetting some.

I also use a lot of other SCI-FI related soundfiles for other things on the phone. Kinda makes it fun to play around with. Just wish I could make apps that would play some of the cooler or more useful sounds with just the press of an icon. Could have a lot of fun with that.

So yeah, most of you reading this probably think I am weird but I can live with that. :)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not here but I guarantee you there are those that do.

Lars1

Reaction score
(raises hand) Guilty

Botswain whistles, Red Alert warnings, communicator chirps and com hails.

All old-school Trek.

BTW, Do you know the difference between a Nerd and a Geek?

The Geek knows he's a Geek.

Laters,

Brokn68

Reaction score
Star Wars < Star Trek

fixed your post...

I second this fix.
Noooooo!!!.jpg

I highly disagree :)

rawveeda

Reaction score
For my text messages I have a mashup using a star trek sound (original series) along with HAL from space odyssey "it is nothing serious" Subtle - but my brother inlaw noticed it when I received a text.
I ended up using HAL for my school emails "there is a message for you".
HAL & the droid play nicely together.

iron ghost

Reaction score
yep, I use the computer error sound for texts.

Also, took the fight music from the Amok Time episode and made it into a ringtone

insp_fightmusic.jpg

KevinJ

Reaction score
@SCUBA-GUY... you wouldn't still have a link to these sites. I haven't found many HQ sounds.

The only sounds I have is from a GNP Crescendo CD of "Star Trek Sound Effects" I got years ago.

However, I only have one thing on my phone. I had a friend "get" the sound off a DVD of TNG's first episode "Encounter at Farpoint."

When my phone boots up, it says "I am an Android."

Bateluer

Reaction score
My ringtone used to be the Star Trek TOS fight music. Its the theme from the 1960s Doctor Who now though.

Need to get a collection of quality TOS sound effects.