OK, show of hands. How many of you guys use Star Trek sounds as Alerts and Ringtones

jssmith76

Reaction score
I know this started as a Star Trek thread, then got hijacked by Star Wars and the MGS series... But what about sounds for the TV show 24? I think the ringtone from the show would be a good ringtone. As soon as I get my Droid in the mail, you can be sure I'll be downloading some of those sounds for alerts on the phone. :D

As for the battle of SW vs. ST... SW wins hands down people. :icon_ banana:

OP
SCUBA-GUY

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Does there have to be a winner? Can't we just enjoy both? :)

I just felt some of the Star Trek sounds were perfect for use on the phone. I.E., the communicator chirps when the Bluetooth headset connects and stuff like that. Since this thread started I have added some Star Wars sounds as well. I enjoyed those movies too, however there is a lot more Star Trek out there to choose from. :)

Got me thinking though, wonder if there is a LCARS theme for the phone? Will have to do a search for that...

REARless

Reaction score
This is obscure, but since this thread is drifting anyway...

I use the "ring" the phone made when the President was calling from the 1960's spy satire "Our Man Flint" for my ring tone.

(BTW they used it as a joke on the Austin Powers films.)

cherrywaves714

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone found McCoy clips? My dad still rants, "Damnit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not..." for nearly everything he finds frustrating. Engineer humor, I guess. But it would be a badass ringtone for him in my phone nonetheless.
PS: forgive me if I used the wrong character, my dad's the avid trekkie, not me. lol.

Vancelot

Reaction score
I use the tos red alert sound for text alerts.

If it hasn't been asked, how many have the tricorder app installed?

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
lol, i've used Star Trek sounds off and on for years. I used the TNG door chime a lot for texts or emails. Right now i'm using orignal Zelda sounds, which it almost as geeky.

Yep. I rock the TNG door chime for notifications. Last weekend I was watching an old episode and the door chime sounded in Picards office... I got up and checked my phone.

And as far as ST vs. SW...

All I have to say are two things. Star Trek never had a Jar-Jar. And never had lines like, "Kiss me like you did on Naboo."

That Darth guy was BAD-A** though.

Last edited:
OP
SCUBA-GUY

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone found McCoy clips? My dad still rants, "Damnit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not..." for nearly everything he finds frustrating. Engineer humor, I guess. But it would be a badass ringtone for him in my phone nonetheless.
PS: forgive me if I used the wrong character, my dad's the avid trekkie, not me. lol.

The 'Star Trek Sounds and Ringtones' soundboard app has a collection of McCoy clips.

I use the tos red alert sound for text alerts.

If it hasn't been asked, how many have the tricorder app installed?

I have it, kinda fun.

Tegamal

Reaction score
The only one I used from Star Trek is the light-saber sound .

Haa, haa..........
I hope this was made as a joke, :rofl3:

I used to watch TNG, but I have to say I'm a much bigger Wars fan (though, not to the degree as some of those convention people).

I have Lightsaber sounds, R2 blips, & a range of others, but the only one I use is the Imperial March for my ringtone when work calls me.

BastardKitty

Reaction score
I just got my Droid & this was one of the first threads i looked for. I LOVE it.

I just need to figure out how to set the tones up and or create them. I really really want Wrath of Kahn sounds....eeeee!!!!dancedroid