OK, its been posted for like 12 hours. How many are on FRF84b?

nateccnn

Reaction score
I saw it, I grabbed it, I installed it (I fixed my fubars) and I like it.

But to be honest it seems like a step backwards from the previous leaks. No more 3d app drawer...but no more laggy home screen (related?).

Some of the apps I used to have installed on SDCard can not be moved to SD card. Some can, so the function is available.

I don't feel like i need LauncherPro Beta anymore. But it did install from the market so I have it incase I change my mind.

Some things I see people having trouble with:

Try installing it without wiping data if you like...but if it hangs, pull the battery and hold the X key on the keyboard while you put it back in. If it doesn't power up, hit the power while still holding the X key. Boot into recovery and wipe the data and cache, reinstall the ROM, then wipe data and cache again (clear any remnants from P3's install if they are there). It only takes 20 minutes to reinstall the apps from the market. It's simply not worth it to not wipe.

If apps don't show in the market, get the Market Fix (bgill?). It worked great for me. Only had one app not show up and I know that particular developer coded his app so it won't show for people running leaked or custom roms. He is not aware of the Market Fix update.zip. LOL

I read through every post in the threads related to FRF84b and these two things seem to be the theme of the day. So easy to fix yet most are restoring their nandroid backups instead of fixing them. Whatever. This new leak is not a significant upgrade from what we had so it's not even that big of a deal. I just wonder what is under the hood that we don't detect as users. So I am keeping the new leak.

Nate

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Where is the poll.

Froyo 84b

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's running well and I like it.

erikfig

Reaction score
Why does people complain so much? I have no problem at all installin and I have my 3d launcher, so far everything is great. However, i don't see to much difference from the previous one...

jrl9851

Reaction score
Am I the ONLY one who noticed that the screen looks MUCH clearer after install this 2.2 build? I noticed something looked different, then I started opening apps and everything is clearer/sharper.

BTW, frf84b + launcherpro = best setup I've had so far

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Tried to install it over the last leaked build; got a boot-loop. Restored old backup, and tried again; boot-loop once more.

I than proceeded to wipe data/cache, which resulted in a successful install. Forgot to wipe once more after the installation of the ROM, but nothing seems to be awry. :p

Last edited:

erikfig

Reaction score
Tried to install it over the last leaked build; got a boot-loop. Restored old backup, and tried again; boot-loop once more.

I than proceeded to wipe data/cache, which resulted in a successful install. Forgot to wipe once more after the installation of the ROM, but nothing seems to be awry. :p

You need to Wipe-Data!!!!dancedroid

mkthnx001

Reaction score

What's the big deal? Everything seems to be working correctly.

erikfig

Reaction score

What's the big deal? Everything seems to be working correctly.

Agreed!:icon_ banana:dancedroid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I saw it, I grabbed it, I installed it (I fixed my fubars) and I like it.

But to be honest it seems like a step backwards from the previous leaks. No more 3d app drawer...but no more laggy home screen (related?).

Its working great for me. Seriously ditch the livewallpaper. Its only purpose is for show. I dug the Beautiful Weather Livewallpaper but it was not needed, other then show. It lagged and dropped my performance for the past 4 weeks. If I wanna show it off I will install it again, then back when show time is over. Also them dropping the 3d launcher is the smartest thing, no one can seem to make that thing completely stable. If you MUST have it get LP.
Some of the apps I used to have installed on SDCard can not be moved to SD card. Some can, so the function is available.

All the apps that I had installed on my sdcard I was able to reinstall. You need to blame th app devs for that or reinstall the script to allow you to override it.
I don't feel like i need LauncherPro Beta anymore. But it did install from the market so I have it incase I change my mind.
I have lp. I set my Lp page to have all my work related apps and bookmarks so when I go to work I switch to launcherpro. When I am at home or chilling I switch to my default home, which has all my social apps.
Some things I see people having trouble with:

Try installing it without wiping data if you like...but if it hangs, pull the battery and hold the X key on the keyboard while you put it back in. If it doesn't power up, hit the power while still holding the X key. Boot into recovery and wipe the data and cache, reinstall the ROM, then wipe data and cache again (clear any remnants from P3's install if they are there). It only takes 20 minutes to reinstall the apps from the market. It's simply not worth it to not wipe.
Wipe, wipe, wipe. Its preached so much that you wipe when installing new roms (builds). People has said they did not wipe....ok cool. I am suggesting wipe for a clean install.
If apps don't show in the market, get the Market Fix (bgill?). It worked great for me. Only had one app not show up and I know that particular developer coded his app so it won't show for people running leaked or custom roms. He is not aware of the Market Fix update.zip. LOL

My apps are all there but there may be apps you use that I don't

I read through every post in the threads related to FRF84b and these two things seem to be the theme of the day. So easy to fix yet most are restoring their nandroid backups instead of fixing them. Whatever. This new leak is not a significant upgrade from what we had so it's not even that big of a deal. I just wonder what is under the hood that we don't detect as users. So I am keeping the new leak.
This leak is smoother, faster, and more responsive then the one made 2 weeks ago. We all know that half of the people are gonna install a rom made by a dev any way. I suggest install this and make a nandroid backup, and install your new rom off of the new froyo.

Nate

My responses are in red.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I just installed BB v0.3 and pete goes ahead and releases BB v0.4. Looks like I'm going to have to wipe data again! I really wish he had a backup/restore script.

mkthnx001

Reaction score
@pilotcharles747:

I agree as far as live wallpapers go. I've used live wallpapers for so long, but after switching to a standard image today before installing the new leaked build, my home screens seemed to swipe a lot faster! Again, I don't know if the speed increase was due to live wallpapers or if I was just imagining it as I only played with it for about 2 minutes.

On the other hand, with the new build and no live wallpaper, my phone's performance overall is noticeably faster! Didn't change any apps or settings. Just the new build, and no live wallpaper. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Am I the ONLY one who noticed that the screen looks MUCH clearer after install this 2.2 build? I noticed something looked different, then I started opening apps and everything is clearer/sharper.

I noticed. .... I installed the background app from the market. I wanted a nice still wallpaper so I can get rid of my livewallpaper. Man I love the picture quality. It looks so much better that I am not using a live wallpaper again, not for long term use....show off or for the live wallpaper super mario game..maybe) but im digging the performance increase. It feels as good if not better then the inc....IMO.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score

I noticed. .... I installed the background app from the market. I wanted a nice still wallpaper so I can get rid of my livewallpaper. Man I love the picture quality. It looks so much better that I am not using a live wallpaper again, not for long term use....show off or for the live wallpaper super mario game..maybe) but im digging the performance increase. It feels as good if not better then the inc....IMO.

I don't know if you have tested it enough to realize but do you know if there is an increase in battery life when coming from the last leaked 2.2 to FRF84b?