OK, its been posted for like 12 hours. How many are on FRF84b?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@pilotcharles747:

I agree as far as live wallpapers go. I've used live wallpapers for so long, but after switching to a standard image today before installing the new leaked build, my home screens seemed to swipe a lot faster! Again, I don't know if the speed increase was due to live wallpapers or if I was just imagining it as I only played with it for about 2 minutes.

On the other hand, with the new build and no live wallpaper, my phone's performance overall is noticeably faster! Didn't change any apps or settings. Just the new build, and no live wallpaper. :)

I noticed as well, I installed the livewall paper and my performance dropped a little. As said in the above post, that is why I wanted a nice looking still wallpaper. I put that on their and my phone looks great, and perform top notch.

Install Backgrounds from the market. They have some real nice wall papers.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I the ONLY one who noticed that the screen looks MUCH clearer after install this 2.2 build? I noticed something looked different, then I started opening apps and everything is clearer/sharper.

BTW, frf84b + launcherpro = best setup I've had so far

I noticed. .... I installed the background app from the market. I wanted a nice still wallpaper so I can get rid of my livewallpaper. Man I love the picture quality. It looks so much better that I am not using a live wallpaper again, not for long term use....show off or for the live wallpaper super mario game..maybe) but im digging the performance increase. It feels as good if not better then the inc....IMO.

I don't know if you have tested it enough to realize but do you know if there is an increase in battery life when coming from the last leaked 2.2 to FRF84b?
when You get a new release you play with it. There is no way after half a day anyone can answer about the battery. And quite honestly I wouldn't expect much difference. Smart phones suck up battery. That's just the way it is.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I just installed BB v0.3 and pete goes ahead and releases BB v0.4. Looks like I'm going to have to wipe data again! I really wish he had a backup/restore script.

Is the wipe needed?

Well it depends on your phone but some people can install over BB v0.3 and be fine but some people get into a boot loop when trying. So if you really want you can try it out and see if your phone handles it fine but in the end I think its better to just wipe.

KillerVamp

Reaction score
been running it for a few hours now and i absolutely love it. its faster than the leaks or even the source builds out there that i've run. i miss some of the added features from cyanogenmod or blackdroid but it'll do until they release versions based on the real deal

erikfig

Reaction score
Live wallpaper looks great but they affect the phone performance...