Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My android system is at 9%. Can't remember where it used to be, but I'm still pleased with my battery life and I did a reset.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GotnFX

Reaction score
My android system is at 9%. Can't remember where it used to be, but I'm still pleased with my battery life and I did a reset.

Did a full factory reset. Syncing with AppBrain now..we will see if this helps..Thanks again guys @ Jonny Kansas and Cereal Killer.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
my phone has rebooted itself a few times the past few days

Sorry, didn't mean to "ignore" your post. Have you tried the factory reset, or are you just wondering if it will fix your issue? I know that I've seen in other threads that some people had issues with getting stuck on the M logo. Can't remember if constant reboots have been discussed as far as a factory reset goes, but, if nothing else, it definitely cleans things up and has a good chance of fixing your problem.

Did a full factory reset. Syncing with AppBrain now..we will see if this helps..Thanks again guys @ Jonny Kansas and Cereal Killer.

Not a problem! Hope this solves your issue (pretty sure it will)! Let us know if you see an improvement!

GotnFX

Reaction score

Battery drain resolved! Been on surfing for an hour, still reading full. Again thanks guys!!!
Going to Vegas next week..hope my money last as long:)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Excellent. Glad you got the issue resolved.

Battery drain resolved! Been on surfing for an hour, still reading full. Again thanks guys!!!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Glad we got you fixed up!!! Thanks for reporting back!

Potty Time

Reaction score
Hi everyone I just wanted to give my opinions on this little matter here!!! I noticed that after I did a factory reset and cleared the cache things or whatever (did the more involved method) that my Droid now seems to be noticeably faster than before!! I am hereby suggesting that anyone who has noticed any slowdown after installing the 2.1 update should do the cache clear!!! Just remember to write down any of your important settings, a list of your apps (mine reinstalled themselves somehow though so you may not have to do this!), your screen layouts, your website passwords (my bookmarks still remained) and anything else you might deem necessary.

Thank you, and just remember, DROID DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
@Potty time, thanks for the feedback. I think I'll add general slowdown/lag to the list of issues, because you're not the only one to report this result.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When you do a factory reset does it wipe your sd card too? And your contacts?

Unless you disabled contact sync with your gmail account, all you'll have to do to get then back is sign back in to your phone. It automatically downloads them.

Factory reset doesn't wipe the sd either. It just cleans up the system files and makes them similar to fresh our of the box phones while removing done stuff you don't need and repairing some problems.

Potty Time

Reaction score
what would happen if you did the cache clear thing without doing factory reset first?? would it accomplish the same thing (making the phone a little faster and smoother) or does it have to be combined with the factory reset to make it work. because i could see clearing the cache being a regular thing for me but not if i have to change all my settings and put in all my passwords and stuff again. just too much work sometimes

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
what would happen if you did the cache clear thing without doing factory reset first?? would it accomplish the same thing (making the phone a little faster and smoother) or does it have to be combined with the factory reset to make it work. because i could see clearing the cache being a regular thing for me but not if i have to change all my settings and put in all my passwords and stuff again. just too much work sometimes

Though I've never tried clearing cache alone, I assume it would simply be like clearing the browser cache on your computer. Shouldn't hurt anything except maybe your form data and/or login info in some apps or websites.

masterxchief

Reaction score
Does all of your app data get wiped to from the factory reset or does that get restored when your apps are reinstalled?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Does all of your app data get wiped to from the factory reset or does that get restored when your apps are reinstalled?

It gets wiped, with the exception of apps that can store their data on the sd, or at least back their data up on the sd.

It's starting fresh, so it IS a but of a hassle to set everything up again, but several people including myself found the benefits to greatly out-weigh the hassle.

Gotta make that choice for yourself tough. :D

masterxchief

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about it cause I don't want to lose some of my game data lol. Does backing up a app in astro back up the app data?