Oh no, I think I killed it.

rockyd

Reaction score
This morning I woke up and opened the browser on my moto droid. I was looking at a web page, getting a street address for a place when the phone essentially froze. I tried powering off, nothing, I tried all the buttons, nothing. Finally I tried pulling the battery and powering back on, the screen is definitely on, but its black and nothing at all happens. How can I fix this?

dtartini

Reaction score
Well I dont suppose you have a nandroid backup? That would be the easiest. I guess worst case senario you could do a factory reset.

OP
rockyd

rockyd

Reaction score
If by factory reset you mean power+X I tried that and I never even get the yellow triangle.

OP
rockyd

rockyd

Reaction score
this is a stock phone. I have no desire to do anything to it, nor do I have the attention span. I have tried a bunch of other suggestions that came up when I searched the thread and nothing is helping.

I downloaded a task killer when I first got the phone and I do it a few times a day, I really don't download a whole bunch of apps. It is the weirdest damn thing.

irishdroid

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your problem. The first Droid I got did the same exact thing. The notifications would chime the phone would work, but, the screen stayed black. Mine did this within 12 hours of getting it. I hope your still in the 30 days, if so take it back and they will replace it. Mine was replaced with a brand new Droid and not a refurbished one. BTW, the new Droid has had no problems at all.

OP
rockyd

rockyd

Reaction score
Well I took the battery out of the phone and let it sit all night, still nothing. I only got the phone about 2 weeks ago so she's going back today but man does that suck.