Mysterious Droid failure

Fonzz

Reaction score
Droid 1, stock, un-rooted. Left it on and charging with the usb connected to my laptop when I went to bed. Woke up this morning, touched the power button, saw the white Moto logo for a millisecond and then nothing, dead.
Tried battery pull twice leaving battery out for at least a minute.
It will not come back on. Any suggestions for this before I go to Verizon later this morning? I've had the phone just under a year, I have insurance too.
Weird.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you sure that the laptop was sending a charge to your phone. I know that if mine goes into hibernation that it will not charge my phone. Try plugging the charger in to a wall socket and plug it into the phone. It should turn on automatically, at least that's what my droidd did.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Fonzz

Fonzz

Reaction score
I just figured that out too, was gonna delete my post. It's now on and charging a low battery. No idea why it did not charge on the laptop. Thank You. :)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your welcome. Happy to help. :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just figured that out too, was gonna delete my post. It's now on and charging a low battery. No idea why it did not charge on the laptop. Thank You. :)

I may be wrong but I believe that your phone will not charge when connected to your computer.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I believe that your phone will not charge when connected to your computer.

I've charged my droid many times from my laptop, but when it enters sleep/hibernation mode it shuts most features including power over usb.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I've read mixed comments so I wonder if it has to do with the sleep/hibernation issue you mention?