Oh, no! I dropped my phone and killed it....

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Can someone help me remember what I need to do with the SD card icon at the top of my screen? It didn't use to be there...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I think it goes away after tapping it a few times

Thanks. I'll keep tapping lol
A lot quicker moving in when you've done it a couple of days ago. I *think* I've got everything back up and running, just need to tidy up now.
The replacement looks brand new.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's good to hear. I have always had good results with Moto / Verizon warranty replacement phones. I know others have not, and sometimes received phones that looked beat up, but my experience has always been good.

I think you have to tap that SD card symbol and acknowledge that it's set to a specific storage type...do that a few times, and maybe reboot, and it eventually goes away.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
That's good to hear. I have always had good results with Moto / Verizon warranty replacement phones. I know others have not, and sometimes received phones that looked beat up, but my experience has always been good.

I think you have to tap that SD card symbol and acknowledge that it's set to a specific storage type...do that a few times, and maybe reboot, and it eventually goes away.

One must remember to swipe it away ROFLMAO

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Thanks!
I need a replacement ASAP. Guess I'll be going to Verizon today. I was hoping to be able to transfer over some stuff on this phone to my laptop before doing so, but can't figure it out without a screen.
Did you try using the projector to access the phone to see if you could get stuff off of it?

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Since I fired up this new phone, my keyboard is different. I used to have an "enter" arrow on the bottom right to change lines I'm texting on, but now it's different. It shows up in this app, but not in my Android texting app (I think that's what it's called) Did I miss or permit a setting that's done this?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Since I fired up this new phone, my keyboard is different. I used to have an "enter" arrow on the bottom right to change lines I'm texting on, but now it's different. It shows up in this app, but not in my Android texting app (I think that's what it's called) Did I miss or permit a setting that's done this?

I can't remember if the Z Force came with the Google GBOARD keyboard stock or not. I kind of remember an OS Update adding that as the stock keyboard, but could be mistaken? When you go into Settings > Language & Input > Virtual Keyboard > what's set as the default? GBOARD?

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yes, GBoard.. I'm trying to attach a screen shot. Hoping that will help
271b03638222ac48026765419244a7c5.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hmm...maybe the Enter key came with an app update to GBoard? Is it up-to-date in the Play Store? I don't remember changing any keyboard Settings to make it appear, but then again I am getting old and forgetful.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Everything's up to date. I never change keyboard settings except to allow adult language so it permits me to get my point across when I'm texting while ticked off lol.
Here's what the keyboard looks like in here. This is very similar to what I've had -- which used to be in my texting app, as well.
I really need that "enter" or whatever it's called option. I like to send one texts with multiple lines sometimes.
c86fdcad32bb22216745a2e853842bff.jpg

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
It must be something with the texting app. I just ran through everything else and those keyboards are fine.
I'm open for suggestions for a good texting app, because I'm now shopping for one...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I use Google Messages (the blue & white icon) that came preinstalled on our phones and I have the Enter key. Are you using Verizon Message + (the red & white icon)?