Screen has gone white

OP
M

mcraeh

Reaction score
See, I thought it was a "feature" of Nougat. I never had that issue before the update. If it is a setting it must be some new one with defaults I don't want. I just haven't figured out what it is yet.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well, it seems like the FDR worked, although there were some things I forgot to back up, like I always do :(

Although it didn't help with the notifications. If I don't dismiss email notifications, it repeats them every 10-15 seconds. Very distracting, and actually it drains the battery faster too.But I guess I'll take what I can get!
Are these occuring on the Active Display screen, the Notification bar...Or both?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
M

mcraeh

Reaction score
it's actually the notification vibration. It is a supposed to notify me once when I get an email, but after the upgrade it is now just going off all the time unless I dismiss the notification on the active display or read the email.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
it's actually the notification vibration. It is a supposed to notify me once when I get an email, but after the upgrade it is now just going off all the time unless I dismiss the notification on the active display or read the email.
It kind of sounds like an app is interfering with the Notification process, or with Active Display.

jasnooks

Reaction score
boot animation sequence shows normal colors at least. But still even in safe mode everything looks weird. Like a photo negative, even pictures I already had in my gallery look like that.
I see that doing a FDR already fixed your problem, but this comment made me think that your problem may have been caused by the "screen color inversion" setting being turned on. I'm on lollipop, and the setting is found in system settings- accessibility- vision.

I just turned it on, and my screen looked as you described, then I took a screen shot with it on, and that screen shot along with all other pics in my gallery had inverted colors. Then I turned the setting off, and everything looked normal, including the screen shot.

This is just a guess, but it sure sounds like what you had going on. Not sure sure how this would have been turned on though.

1c81775864d5da509fb47078a2fa888c.jpg

OP
M

mcraeh

Reaction score
Oh man, now you tell me lol. I hate doing FDR's because there is always something I miss when trying to back everything up. Oh well, at least if it happens again I know one more thing to check! Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not sure how chopping to activate the flashlight would have activated Display Inversion? But I suppose it's possible?

jasnooks

Reaction score
Oh man, now you tell me lol. I hate doing FDR's because there is always something I miss when trying to back everything up. Oh well, at least if it happens again I know one more thing to check! Thanks!
You're not the only one that hates doing a fdr lol. Like I said, I'm not positive that screen inversion was your problem, but it sure sounds like what you described