OG

gmmurphy

Reaction score
How have you retired your ole reliable?
me# using as alaram clock and installed direct tv remote on the old girl. also, talking santa for my little \girl. it ws a great run.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
collecting dust, used it as a spare device to browse, but not anymore. thinking of selling it with my Inc (not here of course:p)

Jawbone

Reaction score
It has become my 6 year olds android version of an Ipod touch. I reset it and downloaded a bunch of free games on it for him

coverton341

Reaction score
My d1 is sitting in my room on the end table and probably will for the rest of its days.

Sent via pixie dust, blasted through a Galaxy Nexus

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
My OGD is on my Desk at work serving it's retirement as a desk clock. Great for Meeting notifications as well. Awesome phone that was!!! Very happy with my purchase of the Nexus and true to form; rooted less than 24 hours of getting it.... Just like the OGD.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Making mine a remote control for the FIOS DVR, FIOS set top box, two music servers I have - a SONOS with the official Android app, and a Roku SoundBridge with either Androku, RokuControl or RSBplayer, and I'm upgrading my AVR Receiver from the Denon AVR-3806 to the Denon AVR-4308CI, an ethernet connected receiver with built-in music server and internet radio, so Denon had an Android app too! There will also be all the standby apps, such as the DroidForums app! Then of course, it will still have web access so it will live its retirement years out in the lap of luxury as a glorified multifunction remote control and web browser sitting on the multimedia dock...oh, and yes, a desk clock. The CDMA radio will be put on moth balls (LOL).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Making mine a remote control for the FIOS DVR, FIOS set top box, two music servers I have - a SONOS with the official Android app, and a Roku SoundBridge with either Androku, RokuControl or RSBplayer, and I'm upgrading my AVR Receiver from the Denon AVR-3806 to the Denon AVR-4308CI, an ethernet connected receiver with built-in music server and internet radio, so Denon had an Android app too! There will also be all the standby apps, such as the DroidForums app! Then of course, it will still have web access so it will live its retirement years out in the lap of luxury as a glorified multifunction remote control and web browser sitting on the multimedia dock...oh, and yes, a desk clock. The CDMA radio will be put on moth balls (LOL).

Denon is great stuff! Years ago I had a Denon system and the CD player I had was over $1400! lol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Denon is great stuff! Years ago I had a Denon system and the CD player I had was over $1400! lol

Yeah have the AVR-3806, bought new, and the DVD-2930CI DVD & Superaudio CD player bought used off Craigslist. I've love them both.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh, fantastic. Now I can start dreaming about upgrading my Denon receiver. Great, just great.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Oh, fantastic. Now I can start dreaming about upgrading my Denon receiver. Great, just great.

I moved up to separate amps and a pre amp. 200 watts per channel rms with a 1300 watt 15inch Velodyne sub. I can rattle the dumpster at the store next door! (Klipsch Chorus 2's) Not sure it's loud enough :D

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
My d1 is sitting in my room on the end table and probably will for the rest of its days.

Sent via pixie dust, blasted through a Galaxy Nexus

Same here. I'm not selling it, it would be like selling a piece of my soul. We had a good run, now it's time for me and the G-Nex to tear down new walls and have great late night adventures flashing various ROMs. :D

droid_mike

Reaction score
I said goodbye to old reliable as the Verizon rep disconnected it and pulled the plug. I plan to use it to maybe tinker with some development, use as a mini tablet around the house (to maybe browse while on the john), and let the kids play and watch videos on it when necessary. I guess I could give it to one of them, but I really don't think I can fully part with it. It will still be used, I can guarantee that!

rleejr79

Reaction score
Mine has retired as during the past week in taking my phone hunting, my sweat created condensation that got into the phone and broke the power button. I like my Nexus in coming from the OG, I just need to quit turning my screen off every time I try to turn the volume up.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

ROFLOL! Sorry!