1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 2 for xbmc, Plex, google tv dedicated remote?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by Scuzzo, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo New Member

i decided to get one of these refurb droid 2's and use it as a dedicated tv remote/ android tv box remote... my plan was to run Yatse xbmc remote, google tv remote, and Plex remote.. and i guess a few more... I plan to root it and at least take it to ICS... but the 512 or ram has me a little concerned... i do plan to de-bloat and run it about as lean as possible... no games.. no video.. just web and tv remotes and prob a email client... all my other devices have a bout a gb of ram.... so.. will 512 be enough ram?... i hope is planned this right.... any chance of a solid jelly bean rom out there? or is that just too much for the low ram to bare... idunno.
  2. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

AFAIK it will work fine for TVs that can be controlled via WiFi. I've used it without issue on my Samsung Smart TV.
  3. themib

themib Well-Known Member

Search tags for this page
android dedicated xbmc remote
dedicated xbmc remote android
dorid x2 xbmc

droid 2 xbmc

droid x2 plex
droid x2 used for xbmc

droid x2 xbmc

droidn2 and xbmc

google tv xbmc