Officially Overclocked

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Wow, so it doesn't sound like any of the kernels are a good choice right now. I read on XDA how Adrynalyne's 1.9 saves some battery life. But now that I'm reading of all the instability issues, not sure if I want to do this. Especially with Clockwork not restoring like it should.

OP
mthorn79

mthorn79

Reaction score
Wow, so it doesn't sound like any of the kernels are a good choice right now. I read on XDA how Adrynalyne's 1.9 saves some battery life. But now that I'm reading of all the instability issues, not sure if I want to do this. Especially with Clockwork not restoring like it should.

My Clockwork has recovered mine just fine.

Sent from my Tbolt from Tapatalk

bluefire7002

Reaction score
is the 1.8 kernel the same thing pretty much at lower speeds?
I got it last night,and have been using my phone with no issues (set at 1.3)

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
What version is your clockworkmod? I heard that there was a recent update. Mine is 3.0.2.4. Glad to know at least someone is restoring successfully. But I also noticed (after getting Adrynalyne's 1.9 Kernel installed) that all the overclocking kernels aren't up on Rom Manager due to issues. :p

OP
mthorn79

mthorn79

Reaction score
What version is your clockworkmod? I heard that there was a recent update. Mine is 3.0.2.4. Glad to know at least someone is restoring successfully. But I also noticed (after getting Adrynalyne's 1.9 Kernel installed) that all the overclocking kernels aren't up on Rom Manager due to issues. :p

Same version your running...and Im still seeing those kernels you are saying are pulled

Sent from my Tbolt from Tapatalk

cpjr

Reaction score
Ive been running the 1.5 kernel that came out first for several days now with absolutely no adverse effects, actually better battery life (now rooted and scaling with SetCPU) but no reboots or freezes at all.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Running Das BAMF 1.3 with the 1.2Ghz overclock. Good so far! Hoping to get insane battery life with Set CPU. <drool> Love the dark text and look. :)

Reaction score
Update.. mine just rebooted after a call at 1.4
interesting...

Same here. First reboot ever, just after hanging up a call(clocked a less than 1.5) Will pass for now.

Are you guys really seeing a speed improvement? I think we can all say that when we first had this phone, we all thought it was very fast(in my experience, blew my OG overclocked droid away). With these new kernels, do you notice a difference in using the phone?

With the Drod 1.5 (no matter what speed) i had reboots with phone calls...on the Das Bamf 1.2 I had reboots surfing the web. Back to stock kernel again

had my first reboot today when I answered a phone call...no other problems. dropped down to 1.3 so we'll see how it goes..still love the kernel, cant wait for more stable ones tho..

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Ive been running the 1.5 kernel that came out first for several days now with absolutely no adverse effects, actually better battery life (now rooted and scaling with SetCPU) but no reboots or freezes at all.

Likewise here!

I'm running at 1.3GHz now, though I didn't have any issues at 1.4GHz or 1.5GHz.

Also, since I set SetCPU to underclock when the screen is off, my battery life has increased significantly.

bluefire7002

Reaction score
are we supposed to use Clockwork to restore when we go from kernel to kernel? or can we just jump from kernel to kernel
I went from 1.5 to the 1.8 and funny thing is ive had no more random reboots at all for 2 days

that.one.yellow.kid

Reaction score
On set CPU, is the minimum, the one its gonna be on when its in sleep mode?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

thedefectkid

Reaction score
im using the 2.0 kernel and is running flawlessly and no reboots whatsoever im so glad I rooted my tb

dustinshepard

Reaction score
Thunderbolt MR2 rooted, The perfect storm 1.5 Camera causing reboots

I am getting reboots everytime that I use the standard camera on my phone. What happens is I take the photos and all is well I then exit the program and turn the screen off and then next time I go to access my phone it is off. Is anyone having the same issue? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?