Officially Overclocked

hawgpapa

Reaction score
This is so sweeeeet! The smoothest Angry Birds, Youtube, Playon...Thunderbolt Rocks!
Thanks a bunch...@mrBobrowitz

Last edited:

bluefire7002

Reaction score
I havent used ROM manager in a while... doesnt it ask you to choose a ROM as well?
and what do i need to backup on ROM manager before wise? considering trying that kernel out right now

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I havent used ROM manager in a while... doesnt it ask you to choose a ROM as well?
and what do i need to backup on ROM manager before wise? considering trying that kernel out right now

It does not ask you to choose a ROM. Simply select the kernel, it'll prompt you to backup your current ROM and wipe data and cache. Check the box next to backup current ROM, do not wipe.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

briguy503

Reaction score
Don't have much practice with kernels since coming from a Droid x. Can I flash this kernel to the stock Rom? Also will it eat the battery if I don't use set CPU?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
^ yes, you can use this with the stock rom. Battery life is still up in the air (it'll take a few days to get a true representation). You should, however, use setcpu to underclock with the screen off. That should help with battery life. You can get setcpu free over at xda or for a couple bucks in the market if you choose to donate for an awesome app (i personally recommend donating but I understand if funds are tight...)

bluefire7002

Reaction score
thanks mkjell will be trying it in a few... hope i have no issues :)

and to answer your Q briguy.. I would recommend using setcpu it has helped soo much today (i rooted last night) and setcpu down to 250mhz when screen is off, its made a world of a difference

bluefire7002

Reaction score

It does not ask you to choose a ROM. Simply select the kernel, it'll prompt you to backup your current ROM and wipe data and cache. Check the box next to backup current ROM, do not wipe.

thanks man... another newbie question. since I wont be choosing a different rom than it wont be erasing all my stuff right? that way I dont have to run titanium backup right now to backup all my stuff

mkjellgren

Reaction score
^ correct, flashing a kernel will not wipe anything on its own so you should not have to back up your apps with tibu. You should, however, make a nandroid backup of your current set up every time you do anything significant to your phone, such as flashing a kernel, just in case you end up in a boot loop or have other issues.

bluefire7002

Reaction score
what the hell?? so i used rom manager it seemed to have installed the kernel.. phone restarted... go to setcpu and doesnt let me go higher than 1024mhz still??

what am i missing?

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
what the hell?? so i used rom manager it seemed to have installed the kernel.. phone restarted... go to setcpu and doesnt let me go higher than 1024mhz still??

what am i missing?

Did you run SetCPU's detect speeds routine? It should be the on the first screen you see when you start SetCPU...

bluefire7002

Reaction score

what am i missing?

Did you run SetCPU's detect speeds routine? It should be the on the first screen you see when you start SetCPU...

Yea i did.. i dont know what went wrong, re-did everything with rom manager (made a backup) and it worked...

NOte: this thing is insane... I AM SOO GLAD I CHOSE THIS OVER BIONIC lol
this thing flies to whatever app i put it through now... just pulled a 2500 on quadrant lol :icon_ banana: