Officially Overclocked

dustoff69

Reaction score
There is a 1.8 ghz kernel out. I'm flashing it now and will report back.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a 1.8 ghz kernel out. I'm flashing it now and will report back.

Where did it just go live? I know that XDA had version 1.8 but not OC to 1.8..

This thing flies at 4.5 its great to see the OC back in action. If you really think about it we were pushing D1 over double what the stock speeds were. Will be interesting to see what they do with this bad boy..

dustoff69

Reaction score
Got the 1.8 via ROM Manager. SetCPU does not see anything above 1.0ghz for that ROM. Just cause I could, I flashed the 1.5 ghz kernel and when I opened SetCPU, it knew it was 1.5 no need to auto detect speed ????

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got the 1.8 via ROM Manager. SetCPU does not see anything above 1.0ghz for that ROM. Just cause I could, I flashed the 1.5 ghz kernel and when I opened SetCPU, it knew it was 1.5 no need to auto detect speed ????

Ok. Yeah in rm the 1.8 is version 1.8 by adrenalyne.. it is still stock. The 1.5 is only Overclocked in rm right now.

rkcoll1

Reaction score
Anyone else lose Drods 1.5ghz kernel in RM? I just looked and it is gone. I have it installed and running fine just wondered where it went.

jr313

Reaction score
Yeah its gone just checked...good thing i dwnloaded it this morning...maaaaan its crazy how fast my phone is..bit of a battery killer but BLAZING FAST!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

rkcoll1

Reaction score
Yeah its gone just checked...good thing i dwnloaded it this morning...maaaaan its crazy how fast my phone is..bit of a battery killer but BLAZING FAST!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Hmmm wonder whats going on. Do notice a speed increase in my tbolt also. cant wait to push it harder.

doctagadget

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the correct settings to put into setcpu in order to optimize to 1.5ghz overclock?

Posted from my Android phone using Tapatalk

OP
mthorn79

mthorn79

Reaction score
Day 2 on this kernel and I was experiencing lag in switching homescreens and panning up and down through the app drawer. Then I got a call and went I went to answer to phone rebooted...happened twice so Im back to stock. Mustve been why its pulled.

Sent from my Tbolt from Tapatalk

cnmsales

Reaction score
No way im going to OC this thing. I understand why some want to, but IMHO there is just no need for it. The phone flys on the stock kernel. I will be looking for something that consumes less power though, for maximum battery life.

jskyler91

Reaction score
Day 2 on this kernel and I was experiencing lag in switching homescreens and panning up and down through the app drawer. Then I got a call and went I went to answer to phone rebooted...happened twice so Im back to stock. Mustve been why its pulled.

Same thing happend to me, however, it only happens if you fully overclock i.e.1516. if you set it at 1497 it doesn't reboot, funny huh. still basically 1500 but no reboots. tried it 10 times

OP
mthorn79

mthorn79

Reaction score

Same thing happend to me, however, it only happens if you fully overclock i.e.1516. if you set it at 1497 it doesn't reboot, funny huh. still basically 1500 but no reboots. tried it 10 times

Oh ok good to know.

jskyler91

Reaction score
I've been using the 1.5 kernel all day without any issues, and battery life has been very good.

As long as you keep it underclocked while the phone is off, it will still be better than stock. What I do is I have the data toggle widget on my home screen and whenever I turn off the phone I turn off the data. got 23 hours of battery yesterday and it was at 30 percent when I plugged it in at night for the next day. I am a student at UC berkeley so I don't need to have my emails come to me while in class seeing as how I can't check them anyways so I just turn my data on after class and refresh my emails.