Official Verizon New Every Two® Policy

Vito.a

Reaction score
For those of us planning to use our New Every Two, this is the official Verizon policy:

New Every Two®
I think I'm currently enrolled in your New Every Two® program. How do I know what my discount will be if I want to upgrade my phone?
You can check your New Every Two eligibility by signing into My Verizon. If you were enrolled in the program on February 15, 2009 or later, you are eligible for a credit of up to $30 or $50 depending on your plan, with a two-year renewal. If you were enrolled prior to February 15, 2009 and continue to meet the requirements of the program, you will qualify for a credit of up to $50 or $100, depending on your plan. In either case, you will be able to redeem your New Every Two credit one more time for an upgrade for up to six months from the New Every Two Redemption Date. After that time, you will not be re-enrolled.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
this its getting ridiculous lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

KenjiWB

Reaction score
Wait I'm confused...so does that mean that I have to use my New Every Two before 6 months passes from my eligibility date? I've been sitting on an upgrade for a few months now...and I don't know how to check where this 'discount' is listed, My Verizon just says "Upgrade at Discounted Price Eligible to upgrade on 05/19/2011." Where is the actual discount listed?

Reaction score
I'm guessing you have 6 months from that date to use your new every two discount, looks like you'd be part of the former where you get a $30 or $50 discount. I could be wrong though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

JKarmelich

Reaction score
Does this affect where I should buy the phone?

The better way to address this issue is: Does this discount mean it will be cheaper to buy the phone through VW or through Costco or Best Buy?

I suspect that is why Verizon is offering this, to draw customers away from other places to purchase the phone.

Thoughts?

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
it is ridiculous, i was eligable for an upgrade as of last week, my discount for a droid 3 is only $30 cheaper then any noobie who signs a new 2 yr contract. some discount. it seems Verizon is getting greedier and greedier every year.

Palmyra

Reaction score
The better way to address this issue is: Does this discount mean it will be cheaper to buy the phone through VW or through Costco or Best Buy?

I suspect that is why Verizon is offering this, to draw customers away from other places to purchase the phone.

Thoughts?
Well I don't know. I really DON'T KNOW because I was talking to the cellphone clerk at COSTCO two months ago. I told him that I was holding off until after July 23 to purchase a new phone because I'll get a loyalty monetary discount then. He said that COSTCO meets all offers by Verizon. So????????

OP
V

Vito.a

Reaction score
Unless you want to be the very first to own the Bionic, I think it may be better to hold back a few days and compare all the vendors as well as the online stores. The price on the Thunderbolt dropped like a rock after the debut.

wseyller

Reaction score
Unless you want to be the very first to own the Bionic, I think it may be better to hold back a few days and compare all the vendors as well as the online stores. The price on the Thunderbolt dropped like a rock after the debut.

I had thought the same but damn that will be hard to do.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going directly to Costco when they get the Bionic. Verizon's prices are all jacked up for some reason. Bought the Inc 2 for my younger brother for $69 at Costco, was still $179 at verizon.

gcdroid

Reaction score
My renew eligibility just hit today. I've been a customer for 8 years. My discount online was only $30. But I looked at Wal-mart's website and I can get the Droid 3 for $60. They also take trade-ins and I could get possibly another $40 off.