1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Use New Every Two on phone bill?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Fault, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Fault

Fault New Member

Does anyone know, can I use my new every two on my phone bill? I want to upgrade early on my phone, using my sisters upgrade eligibility. On july 5th is when I get my new every 2 $100 credit, but I am the only person in my family who uses a nonfree phone. So inother words, I cant use the $100 on any phone, but can i just use it to pay my account bill? Please let me know!
  2. clucernoni

clucernoni New Member

Can't you just save up the eligible upgrades and use them when you want a new phone? That's what I would do...sounds like a techie's dream right there. lol
  3. Fault

Fault New Member

Then i am paying an extra $100 now. Would prefer not to do that
  4. Mojo

Mojo New Member

No you cannot use your new every 2 on your bill. It is only good for the purchase of a new phone.
  5. Fault

Fault New Member

Ugh are u serious?
  6. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Yes I am serious
  7. Mojo

Mojo New Member

But look at it this way... the money you will be saving on purchasing a new phone can go towards your bill :)
  8. Fault

Fault New Member

The issue is I will have to wait an extra 3 weeks until my upgrade is elligible. Im gonna try to talk to verizon today, see if there is anyway around this. If worst comes to worst, I might just take the $50 upgrade as opposed to the $100. We'll see

NOTE: Yes I know, Im impatient
  9. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

That would be like asking a car dealer to use the rebate available on a new car you are not buying to pay your monthly payment on your current car.

The Ne2 discount is to entice you to buy a new phone and renew your contract for 1 or 2 more years.
  10. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Yeah, sounds like you must have talked to a rep having a bad day before. I can't imagine they wouldn't give you the full upgrade now, it's still 24 months from when your contract is actually up.
  11. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

If you are a good customer and pay on time they will most likely allow you to upgrade early. It is to their benefit to keep you for 2 more years..
  12. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

I just noticed you don't have a smartphone I believe. They should be happy to upgrade you and get the extra $30 per month.
  13. Fault

Fault New Member

See I do plan on renewing it, on both phones. I'll talk to VZW, but i think Im sol. I have been a customer there for a long time, and I have my mothers blood, so Im pretty good at social engineering and arguing. My mom was able to get dell to send here $150 in gift certificates and $80 worth of RAM, for free, because she complained, and also got an employee fired too. Im not that good, but I will try
  14. Fault

Fault New Member

Exactly. Im using a Dare, with no dataplan or anything. Im gonna talk to the reps in store, then i they give me any problems, Ill try to talk to those on the phone. BTW phone reps, so easy to get them to do what you want, its unbelievable
  15. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

When I got my Droid in November, my Ne2 wasn't until Feb. Without me even asking they said we will just go ahead and move your Ne2 so you can upgrade today. Then they said my monthly payment would go down by $15 a month since you don't need the $45 plan you have with your blackberry. I would suggest to go to a real store and not a reseller.
  16. Fault

Fault New Member

Yea thats the gameplan. There is a few VZW stores in the are, and they are pretty helpful. I found a store where they are pretty much as big of tech geeks as I am, they were on engadget reading all the droid x rumors.

EDIT: 100th post
  17. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

You probably won't listen to me but you will have better luck talking to a rep on the phone then in the store. I wouldn't waste my time going to the store.

As I understand it, you want to upgrade to a Droid of some sort, correct? And you are willing to pay the 30.00 a month data charge. Isn't any reason not to give you the upgrade, you should qualify for the bogo deal.

They will be willing to assist you and if that doesn't work on the first call, try again. It took me 2 calls to get someone to do it. Insist that you are unhappy with your current phone, that is key.
  18. Fault

Fault New Member

Thats my exact game plan, but I am going to try it instore first. Im fairly confident my chances are better on the phone, BUT i can get my phone that day instore if im successful. If they wont do it, ill just call VZW and do it
  19. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

I have never had a problem with our local store. I like walking out with the phone knowing it is working. I also like giving my local business what ever business I can. i am sure the phone-a-rep would work as well. Good luck either way and let us know what happens.
  20. Fault

Fault New Member

Yea I will for sure. Big red has been fairly good to me. We have 5 lines, and we have been loyal customers for at least 7 years. I love their call service, their tech support is fairly competent, and their instore help has always been good. Their accessories are way over priced, but thats not totally their fault. Ill let you all know how it goes, maybe even directly from my new phone ;-)
Search tags for this page

can i add the price of a phone to my bill with verizon

can i have verizon bill me for upgrade

can i put a phone i orderd on my verizon bill?

can you put your upgrade on your bill at verizon

can you upgrade a verizon phone and have the cost added to y

what credit towards a new phone do i get from verizon

will verizon put my upgrade on the bill?