Use New Every Two on phone bill?

Fault

Reaction score
Does anyone know, can I use my new every two on my phone bill? I want to upgrade early on my phone, using my sisters upgrade eligibility. On july 5th is when I get my new every 2 $100 credit, but I am the only person in my family who uses a nonfree phone. So inother words, I cant use the $100 on any phone, but can i just use it to pay my account bill? Please let me know!

clucernoni

Reaction score
Can't you just save up the eligible upgrades and use them when you want a new phone? That's what I would do...sounds like a techie's dream right there. lol

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Can't you just save up the eligible upgrades and use them when you want a new phone? That's what I would do...sounds like a techie's dream right there. lol
Then i am paying an extra $100 now. Would prefer not to do that

Mojo

Reaction score
No you cannot use your new every 2 on your bill. It is only good for the purchase of a new phone.

Mojo

Reaction score
But look at it this way... the money you will be saving on purchasing a new phone can go towards your bill :)

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
But look at it this way... the money you will be saving on purchasing a new phone can go towards your bill :)
The issue is I will have to wait an extra 3 weeks until my upgrade is elligible. Im gonna try to talk to verizon today, see if there is anyway around this. If worst comes to worst, I might just take the $50 upgrade as opposed to the $100. We'll see

NOTE: Yes I know, Im impatient

dylanthecat

Reaction score
That would be like asking a car dealer to use the rebate available on a new car you are not buying to pay your monthly payment on your current car.

The Ne2 discount is to entice you to buy a new phone and renew your contract for 1 or 2 more years.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Im gonna try to talk to verizon today, see if there is anyway around this. If worst comes to worst, I might just take the $50 upgrade as opposed to the $100. We'll see

NOTE: Yes I know, Im impatient

Yeah, sounds like you must have talked to a rep having a bad day before. I can't imagine they wouldn't give you the full upgrade now, it's still 24 months from when your contract is actually up.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
If you are a good customer and pay on time they will most likely allow you to upgrade early. It is to their benefit to keep you for 2 more years..

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I just noticed you don't have a smartphone I believe. They should be happy to upgrade you and get the extra $30 per month.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
That would be like asking a car dealer to use the rebate available on a new car you are not buying to pay your monthly payment on your current car.

The Ne2 discount is to entice you to buy a new phone and renew your contract for 1 or 2 more years.
See I do plan on renewing it, on both phones. I'll talk to VZW, but i think Im sol. I have been a customer there for a long time, and I have my mothers blood, so Im pretty good at social engineering and arguing. My mom was able to get dell to send here $150 in gift certificates and $80 worth of RAM, for free, because she complained, and also got an employee fired too. Im not that good, but I will try

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
I just noticed you don't have a smartphone I believe. They should be happy to upgrade you and get the extra $30 per month.
Exactly. Im using a Dare, with no dataplan or anything. Im gonna talk to the reps in store, then i they give me any problems, Ill try to talk to those on the phone. BTW phone reps, so easy to get them to do what you want, its unbelievable

dylanthecat

Reaction score
When I got my Droid in November, my Ne2 wasn't until Feb. Without me even asking they said we will just go ahead and move your Ne2 so you can upgrade today. Then they said my monthly payment would go down by $15 a month since you don't need the $45 plan you have with your blackberry. I would suggest to go to a real store and not a reseller.