*Official Trapster Thread*

Varking

Reaction score
What I did was just reflash my ROM fresh because it was having issues playing youtube videos as well and once I did that, your app worked just like it used to for me. : )

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
What I did was just reflash my ROM fresh because it was having issues playing youtube videos as well and once I did that, your app worked just like it used to for me. : )

Nice! Let me know if you have any other questions.

I

iesous2

Hey Sean I love my trapster. Been using it every sence I had my phone last year. I have the Droid and was wondering if there was a way to do navigation in trapster since it uses google? This way I could have an eye out for big brother while the phone takes me to my destination :blackdroid:

choklitcow

Reaction score
This would be an amazing feature. I usually have it running in the background to hear the announcements. Has worked amazingly, and I get a sick form of satisfaction when I hear homer warn me and there sits an officer in the exact spot.

albacore

Reaction score
I was using Trapster last week but it got to a point where it wouldn't close and would stay active in the notification bar even after turning the GPS off so I uninstalled it. I tried to reinstall it today and now I only get a force closure.

Is there any way to acknowledge a warning while sitting at a red light camera and it keeps repeating it to me?

MattPyle

Reaction score
I just got Trapster a few days ago and like the idea. However, I've tried posting a known spot where a cop sits all the time, but it never showed up on the map. Three days later I tried again from my computer and still not there. Does it have to get approved or something first? Cause he sits outside of my work everyday (Hell actually on our property till I tell him to move along haha). Seems pointless with that much of a delay (or never even showing up).

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
I just got Trapster a few days ago and like the idea. However, I've tried posting a known spot where a cop sits all the time, but it never showed up on the map. Three days later I tried again from my computer and still not there. Does it have to get approved or something first? Cause he sits outside of my work everyday (Hell actually on our property till I tell him to move along haha). Seems pointless with that much of a delay (or never even showing up).

Hi Matt, Newer users Traps will be reviewed. Send me the location and I will look into it.

Anyone else have feedback about the latest update? How are you liking the Patrol feature?

Thanks,

Sean

albacore

Reaction score
Once someone has "patrolled" the area how long does it stay on the map?

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
Once someone has "patrolled" the area how long does it stay on the map?

It fades over a couple of hours. The Blue is at its brightest when someone just patrolled the road, and then will fade into a lighter blue.

uflraptor

Reaction score
I used Trapster on blackberry when I had one. I noticed when I came over top Droid that the map is different.

Is trap data shared across platforms?

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
I used Trapster on blackberry when I had one. I noticed when I came over top Droid that the map is different.

Is trap data shared across platforms?

Yes, We do use different maps on different platforms, but trap data is the same.

Thanks,

Sean

ntrddragn

Reaction score
My question is if a user can thumbs up or down on whether its valid, cant cop/s who has trapster just start doing that? and wouldnt that make it less accurate?

Five-0

Reaction score
Bump bump

Sean, have some issues for you using a Droid with Trapser 2.0

1. For some reason all the voice alerts are not working on my phone. I'm a big fan of the Austin Powers, but I could not get this one to work ever. I switched to the generic English voice and it worked once.

2. For the life of me I cannot get this app to close once I am using it. I have to turn the phone off and power it back up.

Feedback

1. Love all the new reporting options outside of the regular radar locations ect. Particularly the Accidents, bad curves, water/ice on roadways

2. Market this app to radio stations with traffic updates. This is better for everyone in any area. I use this app quite a bit when I am patrolling. I will start marking dangerous areas, would love to be able to do real time wreck updates, and yes I mark where I run radar. Slowing down for free or after paying is all the same to me.

3. Is there a place with a break down of all the map overlays? Particularly the traffic conditions and such.

Thanks

Phigment

Reaction score
Anyone else get the email from Trapster today about their site being the target of hacking? They said it was possible that some of their customer's information (email address and passwords) were compromised.