Google Helpouts Officially Goes Live; Available on Desktop or Android

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Nov 5, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254

Google is adding a whole new dimension to Google Hangouts. They just added a new service called Google Helpouts and it is already live and available on the desktop or Android platforms. Google Helpouts basically allows you to use Google Hangouts in a new way. The goal is to offer people a place to get help on a vast variety of topics using Google Hangouts. This could include topics from DIY repairs, to computer tech support, to cooking and much more. The possibilities are nearly endless.

Google Helpouts basically allows folks to help each other either for free or for a fee. What's truly unique about this is that instead of getting a random person, you actually have the power to choose from whom you get help based upon a variety of factors like availability, qualifications, ratings, price, and reviews. Here's a full quote below from Google's blog on their new Helpouts service. You can also find out more in the video above.

Source: Google Blog & Google Helpouts

2. jspradling7

jspradling7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +214
    I always thought one of the places that Google Glass will excel is in these types of tutorials and DIY instructions.

3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It's an interesting concept. I was chosen for the initial launch and am waiting to see how it takes. It's probably going to be better for certain 'categories' than others but it will be interesting. The practice runs we did last were pretty fun and it seems Google has their end (i.e. service) in order for a good launch. I think the biggest issue will be getting the word out, I'm still waiting on my launch packet with info about including it in my website etc. but it looks promising. Great for small businesses or consultants in certain fields.