*Official Trapster Thread*

Reaction score

380772896.jpg

droid1.png

380772925.jpg

Overview: Trapster is a FREE app which alerts you of speed traps, red light and speed cameras, police check points, and other wallet hazards.

How Does Trapster Work?: Trapster Virtual Radar&trade - Presentation

android_driving_sm.jpg

Please let me know of any issues with the Trapster app.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Fastest way to reach me is to shoot me an email: [email protected]

Resources:

http://trapster.com/help.php

Trapster Blog

trapster (trapster) on Twitter

Are a fan?:
http://facebook.com/trapster

If you do not have trapster, simply type in trapster.com on your mobile browser.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Sean :) We're glad to have you as a part of the community

Don't worry, these people will give you plenty of feedback for your app

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, welcome Sean. I downloaded the program a couple of months ago but never really gave it a try. I will use it this time.

bastosero

Reaction score
Welcome here, bro. :) I've been using trapster for a while now.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay...I have some feedback :)

I just installed the app, sorry but I just never thought these kind of apps could really be useful, but when I seen all the people on here talking about how good Trapster is, I figured I would give it a try...

Well I just created an account and everything, but on the map around me, there are only 2 cops nearby and it says they were reported on Feb. 3rd and Jan. 30th??

Maybe it's because I live in a little hick town in Kentucky? LOL Would that have anything to do with it?

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score

I just installed the app, sorry but I just never thought these kind of apps could really be useful, but when I seen all the people on here talking about how good Trapster is, I figured I would give it a try...

Well I just created an account and everything, but on the map around me, there are only 2 cops nearby and it says they were reported on Feb. 3rd and Jan. 30th??

Maybe it's because I live in a little hick town in Kentucky? LOL Would that have anything to do with it?

Hi Natediddy,

Thanks for the feedback.

The "two cops" are most likely Police Often Hide Here traps. These are spots police often use as speed trap locations. They will expire if no one votes on them, or they are determined invalid and voted down. For more on trap icons and confidence levels, please visit: Trapster - Getting Started

Just because you live in a small town, it is still very useful to use Trapster. If you have 2-3 friends at work that take a similar commute, that is all you need. Trapster is a small company, only 5 of us in the office, and those of us that take a similar route to work each morning, easily alert each other of traps.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Downloading it now. When we visit my mother in law there are always a couple of cars hiding along our 3 hour route. It will be interesting to see if they show up or not.

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
Downloading it now. When we visit my mother in law there are always a couple of cars hiding along our 3 hour route. It will be interesting to see if they show up or not.

Awesome.

Keep in mind that Trapster does not magically detect police hiding out, this is a fast growing (just passed 4 million) community of users entering trap locations, so if they are not entered, make sure you boost your karma by entering them. :D

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hi Natediddy,

Thanks for the feedback.

The "two cops" are most likely Police Often Hide Here traps. These are spots police often use as speed trap locations. They will expire if no one votes on them, or they are determined invalid and voted down. For more on trap icons and confidence levels, please visit: Trapster - Getting Started

Just because you live in a small town, it is still very useful to use Trapster. If you have 2-3 friends at work that take a similar commute, that is all you need. Trapster is a small company, only 5 of us in the office, and those of us that take a similar route to work each morning, easily alert each other of traps.

Okay....I see.

I thought that was actual "cops" that people have reported....but that makes MUCH more sense that it is a spot that they often sit at and watch for speeding...

Thank you very much Sean for the help :) I plan on keeping the app and becoming more familiar with it...

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
very nice ive heard about this app but never looked into it until now

choklitcow

Reaction score
Excited to test out this app. Remember coming across the news report awhile back where police departments were jumping on board. Will be doing quite a bit of traveling this weekend across four states. Can't wait.

Just waiting for the confirmation email.

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
Excited to test out this app. Remember coming across the news report awhile back where police departments were jumping on board. Will be doing quite a bit of traveling this weekend across four states. Can't wait.

Just waiting for the confirmation email.

Sweet, glad to have you on board.

To view that story, and some other good ones, check it out here: Trapster - Speed trap related news

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I have used this app a couple of times when I had it installed on my blackberry and have only used it once since switching to my Droid. I really like it and use it on every long trip I take. Once I use it a little more I will post if I have any problems.