*Official Trapster Thread*

mr_goodwrench

Reaction score
My Droid is still a few days away, but when I have it in hand on Wednesday, this will be one of the first apps that I grab! Would have been very useful last week driving back and forth from here in Upstate NY and Atlanta!

SGTiger

Reaction score
Before i call this app garbage perhaps im doing something wrong but no combination of username/password email/password or user-email/emailed code will let me login to the app. I logged in to the website using email/password just fine but the app i just cant get to work. Am i missing something? I'd really like to use this app.

I cannot imagine why you think you should call this app garbage even if you are not doing something wrong. No one else seems to have this problem. Give their tech support a chance to resolve it.

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
Not bad.

What this app really needs is the ability to add it as a layer within the Google Navigation software.

It could make a beep when you come up on a known speed trap. Perfect for roadtrips and interstate driving.

I would buy that.

THIS again.

i so VERY much agree.. just don't know if it's possible...?

We are exploring this possibility.

Thanks for the feedback.

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
I like the idea of this app... To be honest, I really need to play around with it more to make final judgement. But, I didn't like that most of the alerts were weeks old. If its a known speed trap area or red light camera thats fine. Is there a way to filter events older than one day or maybe even a few hours? I don't want to go thru 12 alerts to find that none of them are valid. Again though, this will be a great app with a few tweeks and will get better and better as the user base grows.

Hi STIDRIVER,

the alerts that "were weeks old" are most likely "Police Often Hide Here" traps. These will expire if no one votes on them in 3 weeks, or if they are voted down by the majority of voters. You have the ability to filter your alerts based on confidence level and trap type, just go into your settings-->trap filters.

Yes, the more users the better the data. We just passed 4 Million registered users, and then another few 100 thousand that are not registered, just using the app. We are excited with the rapid growth of our users.

Please let me know if you have anymore feedback.

Thanks,

Sean

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
Question: Is this the same app that was available on Blackberry? I had one similar to that and It was pretty much on the money where the police were at however sometimes you could accidentally "report" a trap by clicking the screen. These screens require only a touch.

Hi hookbill,

Yes, Trapster is available for BlackBerry. Also available on iPhone, Nokia, WebOS, and Windows Mobile. We do not have a one touch reporting option on any of our platforms, at this time.

Thanks,

Sean

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
Before i call this app garbage perhaps im doing something wrong but no combination of username/password email/password or user-email/emailed code will let me login to the app. I logged in to the website using email/password just fine but the app i just cant get to work. Am i missing something? I'd really like to use this app.

I cannot imagine why you think you should call this app garbage even if you are not doing something wrong. No one else seems to have this problem. Give their tech support a chance to resolve it.

Hi SGTiger,

Thanks for the support! Yes, you can visit our support page: Trapster - Help

And we will work with you directly to solve any issues.

Thanks,

Sean

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
My Droid is still a few days away, but when I have it in hand on Wednesday, this will be one of the first apps that I grab! Would have been very useful last week driving back and forth from here in Upstate NY and Atlanta!

Hi mr_goodwrench,

Sweet! Can't wait to have you on board.

Feel free to post any feedback here.

Thanks,

Sean

joker920

Reaction score
Hi,
First off let me say that I love the app. Aside from simply knowing where I might get a ticket, it really feels good for the "average guy" to have the technology to come together and help prevent those govt. employees from simply making their quota.

My problem is that whenever I am reporting a trap, I try to pinpoint on the map where it is, well after I submit it I look back at it later and it never puts the icon right where I put it. It always seems to miss the spot I placed it.

Any ideas?

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
Hi,
First off let me say that I love the app. Aside from simply knowing where I might get a ticket, it really feels good for the "average guy" to have the technology to come together and help prevent those govt. employees from simply making their quota.

My problem is that whenever I am reporting a trap, I try to pinpoint on the map where it is, well after I submit it I look back at it later and it never puts the icon right where I put it. It always seems to miss the spot I placed it.

Any ideas?

Hi Joker920,

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, this is a known issue, and we will have it fixed ASAP!

Thanks,

Sean

kmasum

Reaction score
just downloaded it and update my alert, i got busted by a cop last week, endup gettin a ticket..lets see how useful this app is

joker920

Reaction score
Hi,

Any ideas?

Hi Joker920,

Thanks,

Sean

Thanks for the heads up.

When the issue is fixed will my locations be corrected or will all locations from then on be accurate? I don't want to keep posting before the fix, if they will remain inaccurate.

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
Hi,

Any ideas?

Hi Joker920,

Thanks,

Sean

Thanks for the heads up.

When the issue is fixed will my locations be corrected or will all locations from then on be accurate? I don't want to keep posting before the fix, if they will remain inaccurate.

Hi Joker920,

The best solution is to zoom in more while posting the trap. Its like 1 cm off from where you set the trap.

so zoomed out that can be 1/4 mile, but all the way zoomed in can be 10 meters.

Once this is fixed, it will not auto-correct the previous traps.

Thanks,

Sean