[Official] R2-D2 [D2] Owners Thread

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm the dude who made that post.

What info would you like about the brickage?

I used RSDlite 4.7. the flash get to the reboot point and then got a bootloader error that said "bootloader err:A5,70,70,00,1f". I found this was the same error that DroidX users who OTA'd to their 2.2 update and then tried to SBF back to 2.1.

I'll keep the details of the conversation on the other thread to keep things simple... :)

But the additional info you posted does link this to the same error code on the DX, so looks like R2D2 owners w/what is probably updated bootloader code are going to need to stay away from the D2 2.2.20 SBF until we have more info.

Reaction score
Couldn't have done it without u! Thank you for giving me the confidence to keep trying :)

Now I need to figure out how to install a stealthy way of forwarding my gf's text messages to my email.
(i know its morally questionable but she's been hiding stuff from me and it had me worried.. That's why I bought her a phone on my plan.) ;)

Anyone know how I can turn r2d2 into a rebel spy? ;)

~Droid X~

No problem.

As for spying, if she has an android phone you can Backup to Gmail's auto backup and hope she doesn't notice the app. But nothing remotely, as far as I know. Whatever you implement, it'd have to be done on her phone.

Erm...not that I condone surveilance or anything...*shifty eyes*

Sent from my Droid R2D2 using Tapatalk

PiranhaDroid

Reaction score
Couldn't have done it without u! Thank you for giving me the confidence to keep trying :)

Now I need to figure out how to install a stealthy way of forwarding my gf's text messages to my email.
(i know its morally questionable but she's been hiding stuff from me and it had me worried.. That's why I bought her a phone on my plan.) ;)

~Droid X~

No problem.

As for spying, if she has an android phone you can Backup to Gmail's auto backup and hope she doesn't notice the app. But nothing remotely, as far as I know. Whatever you implement, it'd have to be done on her phone.

I found a good app on the market place, now i need to figure out how to hide it on a rooted phone (still new to all this rooting stuff)

On another note about the r2D2... Ive noticed a problem with the docking station, i have an unofficial clear case on the phone and when i put it on the dock it doesnt show the docking screen. Dunno why its doing it... It's fully inserted into the dock.. kinda sucks

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

~Droid X~

No problem.

Ewwwww....this will NOT end well.

PiranhaDroid

Reaction score

~Droid X~

No problem.

Ewwwww....this will NOT end well.

oh she knows she's in the **** house, lol.

coffeeANDkush

Reaction score
Ultra Instrament of efficiency
:greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::reddroid:

Attachments

• 2010-10-04_21-34-07_462.jpg
    2010-10-04_21-34-07_462.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 250

nag228

Reaction score
New R2D2 owner, upgraded from original moto droid

If you have come to own one of these elite devices and want to share your story about purchasing it, what you like or dislike about it, or anything else you might think the community will find interesting about your new Droid feel free to do it here.

bought R2D2 yesterday at local VZW store. upgraded from the original Moto Droid, which I bought in November '09. I had an extra line on my account that was eligible for renewal, so I used that to upgrade without having to pay full price.

By the time I got home with my cute little droid, android market had automatically installed all the apps I had on my original (82 apps). Happy Happy Joy Joy! Recently, I uninstalled a number of apps because of low internal memory and slow performance, even after having moved as many apps as possible to my SD card. and using "update all" in the market was iffy, depending on the number of apps being updated, it usually worked better to update one at a time. The 8gb internal memory on R2D2 will be a great improvement.

Reaction score
I ordered mine last Sunday and its sitting at my house waiting for me. I wont be home for 2 weeks, guess I'll have to wait to enjoy it.Still have both of my droid's 1&2

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a bug in the 2.4.5 (and evidently 2.4.0) ROMs from the R2D2 when they are run on the normal D2s...

1) There is a bug with SMS text messages timezone/timestamp that was also present on 2.4.0. If I use the stock messaging app, the times on the messages are correct. If I use any widgets or replacement apps like Handcent, all incoming text message times stamps are 6 hours behind. I'm not sure where to look... system timezone is correct (CDT). Any ideas here?

Have any of you R2D2 owners running 3rd party messaging apps (Handcent, ChompSMS, Launcher Pro Plus Messaging widget) seen any issues w/your text time stamps showing 6 hours earlier than they should? E.g., 10AM text shows 6AM.

MRiv10

Reaction score
There is a bug in the 2.4.5 (and evidently 2.4.0) ROMs from the R2D2 when they are run on the normal D2s...

1) There is a bug with SMS text messages timezone/timestamp that was also present on 2.4.0. If I use the stock messaging app, the times on the messages are correct. If I use any widgets or replacement apps like Handcent, all incoming text message times stamps are 6 hours behind. I'm not sure where to look... system timezone is correct (CDT). Any ideas here?

Have any of you R2D2 owners running 3rd party messaging apps (Handcent, ChompSMS, Launcher Pro Plus Messaging widget) seen any issues w/your text time stamps showing 6 hours earlier than they should? E.g., 10AM text shows 6AM.
I have, except mine is 7 hours behind. It shows on handcent and droid messager.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks...so looks like this is something off in the stock OTA ROM.

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks...so looks like this is something off in the stock OTA ROM.

The issue has something to do with the bin of 2:4:0 and 2:4:5 thats why I still run the leaked 2:3:15 and apply an r2d2 theme over it the issue is not with the rom but a command in the/ system/bin file

I've tested this over and over and 2.4.5 is the newest official release and id like to be using that as my starting point,but im a handcent user and it doesn't work for me. Either way I've narrowed it down to the system/bin