[Official] Help and Support for JRummy Roms

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
Ok I am on the newest Kangerade with Green Theme and this problem has been consistent over the last 3 roms I have used (BB0.4, then moved to Kangerade 4.0.7 with wiping data and cache 3x, and now 5.0.9 without wiping data or cache). My problem is twitter will not update it self and has syncing issue in general especially over 3G, seems to work better with wi-fi, but even on wi-fi will not auto update.

Also can't seem to get a new boot animation to work via kangerade scripts. Is there instructions somewhere for this?

gmpdmd

Reaction score
Loving the new 5.0.9 update. Super responsive and fast. Thank you so much Jrummy!! I'm rocking the Nex-Theme and I can't be the only person bothered by the HTC market icon. If this has been discussed elsewhere...sorry. How the heck can I change this to anything that doesn't say HTC. I've tried Ninjamorph and the market completely disappears when I apply it. Please help. I love this ROM and theme otherwise.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
yea i dont like the htc market icon either, nor do i like the tabs on the lockscreen. is there a way to change the icon and remove those tacky tabs on the lockscreen? if so this would be 99% perfect rom lol

nerdstaz

Reaction score
Help Please!

Anyone having battery life issues since 5.0.9?

I have access to 4 droids (Mom, Dad, My own, and the wife =P). We are all rooted with this latest rom. 1 of them is running the default kernel that comes with the rom, one using Chevy's ulow 1ghz, another using Chevy's ulow 1.1 and the final using Chevy's ulow.1.2 ghz.

The first Droid is set to 250/800 with SetCPU profiles, and to 250 550 with low battery conditions, and 250/250 with the screen off.

The rest are all set to 250/1000 with SetCPU profiles, and to 250 550 with low battery conditions, and 250/250 with the screen off. They are each running different themes:

The plain Jane kerneled one is running the Red theme.
The 1.1 is running Pink.
The 1.2 is running green.
The 1.0 is running cyan.

Before, on the previous version of Kangerade, we all averaged around 18 hours without having to charge with moderate use. Now? It is really bad...on all four! They last at most 6/7 hoursish...and even if sleep mode it drains REALLY fast.

I have seen posts on OTHER forums about this, but not on droidforums and everyone blames the kernel, and it may be...but I wanted to ask here and see what answers I could get. Or is this a known issue and I fail at forum searching? It just seemed odd that it would be a kernel when these all are running different ones!

Anyway, thanks for any help/answers. I love Jrummys roms, and we are all greedy for more =P

justinthegeek

Reaction score
Loving the new 5.0.9 update. Super responsive and fast. Thank you so much Jrummy!! I'm rocking the Nex-Theme and I can't be the only person bothered by the HTC market icon. If this has been discussed elsewhere...sorry. How the heck can I change this to anything that doesn't say HTC. I've tried Ninjamorph and the market completely disappears when I apply it. Please help. I love this ROM and theme otherwise.

I pulled the vending.apk from the DroidX rom and dropped it on my phone in /system/app/ Reboot and no more htc icon :)

gmpdmd

Reaction score

I pulled the vending.apk from the DroidX rom and dropped it on my phone in /system/app/ Reboot and no more htc icon :)

I just tried this and...same result...I lost the market all together. Please help!!

justinthegeek

Reaction score

I just tried this and...same result...I lost the market all together. Please help!!

Wait, same result as using ninjamorph or same result as my fix?

gmpdmd

Reaction score

Wait, same result as using ninjamorph or same result as my fix?

Same result as Ninjamorph...my market app is no where to be found on my phone once I mess with vending.apk any which way. I keep having to restore a back up to get it back.

Edit: I just tried it again but fixed the permissions in the Vending.apk and it worked fine. A few force closed in Market, but no biggie. Thanks for the help!!

Last edited:

Coolsaluki

Reaction score
I'm running Kangerade 5.0.9 Blue and whenever I'm in a call and tilt the phone the screen comes back on. This has been happening since I loaded the new ROM. Anyone else heard of this issue?

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
Still having WiFi issues

JRummy,
I cannot connect to certain types of wifi networks. My office runs a secure WPA2-Personal WiFi network using AES encryption and I cannot connect to it. Whenever I input the security key, it tries to connect but comes back with "Disabled" in the network status. Back when I was running your Cyanogenmod remix series of ROMS, I had no problems.

I have no problem connecting to my home wifi network. It is a WPA2-Personal network with TKIP encryption.

Is it just me who is having this problem? I tried wiping the rom and reloading it from ROM Manager, and I also tried a couple of different kernels.

I'm running Kangerade 5.0.9 green theme with a ChevyNo1 lv1.2 ghz kernel. Prior to this, I was running Kangerade 4.0.7 green theme. I wiped before coming from the last Cyanogenmod remix.

TheCleaner

Reaction score
JRummy,
I cannot connect to certain types of wifi networks. My office runs a secure WPA2-Personal WiFi network using AES encryption and I cannot connect to it. Whenever I input the security key, it tries to connect but comes back with "Disabled" in the network status. Back when I was running your Cyanogenmod remix series of ROMS, I had no problems.

I have no problem connecting to my home wifi network. It is a WPA2-Personal network with TKIP encryption.

Is it just me who is having this problem? I tried wiping the rom and reloading it from ROM Manager, and I also tried a couple of different kernels.

I'm running Kangerade 5.0.9 green theme with a ChevyNo1 lv1.2 ghz kernel. Prior to this, I was running Kangerade 4.0.7 green theme. I wiped before coming from the last Cyanogenmod remix.

I have a similar issue (maybe). My wifi connects ok but doesn't seem to work right. Youtube videos won't load if on wifi but a youtube search works. Market loads but a if I download an app it acts like it is downloading and then says "unsuccessful".

It's difficult to search the forums for "froyo wifi" and not find a ton of things that don't relate at all to the issue.

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
JRummy,

I have a similar issue (maybe). My wifi connects ok but doesn't seem to work right. Youtube videos won't load if on wifi but a youtube search works. Market loads but a if I download an app it acts like it is downloading and then says "unsuccessful".

It's difficult to search the forums for "froyo wifi" and not find a ton of things that don't relate at all to the issue.

This problem has persisted since moving to a 2.2 based rom. I was hoping it would get cleared up with the "built from source" roms coming out now.

nerdstaz

Reaction score
Anyone having battery life issues since 5.0.9?

I have access to 4 droids (Mom, Dad, My own, and the wife =P). We are all rooted with this latest rom. 1 of them is running the default kernel that comes with the rom, one using Chevy's ulow 1ghz, another using Chevy's ulow 1.1 and the final using Chevy's ulow.1.2 ghz.

The first Droid is set to 250/800 with SetCPU profiles, and to 250 550 with low battery conditions, and 250/250 with the screen off.

The rest are all set to 250/1000 with SetCPU profiles, and to 250 550 with low battery conditions, and 250/250 with the screen off. They are each running different themes:

The plain Jane kerneled one is running the Red theme.
The 1.1 is running Pink.
The 1.2 is running green.
The 1.0 is running cyan.

Before, on the previous version of Kangerade, we all averaged around 18 hours without having to charge with moderate use. Now? It is really bad...on all four! They last at most 6/7 hoursish...and even if sleep mode it drains REALLY fast.

I have seen posts on OTHER forums about this, but not on droidforums and everyone blames the kernel, and it may be...but I wanted to ask here and see what answers I could get. Or is this a known issue and I fail at forum searching? It just seemed odd that it would be a kernel when these all are running different ones!

Anyway, thanks for any help/answers. I love Jrummys roms, and we are all greedy for more =P

4 Days of running and still the same issue. I left my phone in sleep mode for 12 hours and the battery rapidly drained. It took about 7 hours before it was beckoning to be charged. It shows 40% of battery usage was the display. How does that make sense if its in sleep mode? On a desk.....not in my pocket.

Can someone please address this and give me some idea?

Thanks.