Official Flash

Sobe2022

Reaction score
So I just updated my phone (Droid) so I could d/l the "official" Flash 10.1 off of the market place. Let me tell you, I am extremely disappointed. To be honest, there is no difference between then official version and the beta version. They both lag and both lack the feature to rewind/fast forward the video. You're telling me I waited all this time for this crap? What a low-blow. Am I missing something? Is there something I must do in order for my Droid to run the videos better? If so, please inform me. The videos are still laggy. Ugh, what a disappointment! :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I just updated my phone (Droid) so I could d/l the "official" Flash 10.1 off of the market place. Let me tell you, I am extremely disappointed. To be honest, there is no difference between then official version and the beta version. They both lag and both lack the feature to rewind/fast forward the video. You're telling me I waited all this time for this crap? What a low-blow. Am I missing something? Is there something I must do in order for my Droid to run the videos better? If so, please inform me. The videos are still laggy. Ugh, what a disappointment! :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

You were told you would get Flash. You got it. Nobody said it would live up to your expectations.

I know that Flash works better on the Droid then it does on ti iPhone. :D

I think Flash works really well on the Droid 2. Maybe you should upgrade your phone? Or maybe you should just realize that Flash is an extra that was added on to the Droid. When the Droid first came out nobody said it would have Flash it was only after a couple of months that talk began about Droid having Flash.

IMHO I think it does the job OK. Depends upon what you are looking at.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
As much as I don't like Steve Jobs he is correct, Flash sucks. I was never sure why people were so amped up to get it. It doesn't run well on a PC. Why would anyone think it will run well on a phone?

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I've been able to rewind and fast-forward just fine - it doesn't actually show the movie going in reverse or sped up, but you can press the timer bar below it to skip around and choose a spot to start watching from.

lpauline

Reaction score

You were told you would get Flash. You got it. Nobody said it would live up to your expectations.

I know that Flash works better on the Droid then it does on ti iPhone. :D

I think Flash works really well on the Droid 2. Maybe you should upgrade your phone? Or maybe you should just realize that Flash is an extra that was added on to the Droid. When the Droid first came out nobody said it would have Flash it was only after a couple of months that talk began about Droid having Flash.

IMHO I think it does the job OK. Depends upon what you are looking at.
Respectfully, I think you are mistaken. When I was deciding on whether to get the droid, or some other phone, back in 11/09/09 one of my deciding factors was that it was advertised that droid would have adobe flash 10.1 in early 2010. I didn't pull that piece of information out of thin air. Personally Motorola's behaviour re flash 10.1, and their customer service in general, is leading me to seriously consider a different android manufacturer for my early upgrade date of January 2010. I think it's about time that corporations get some ethics about what they say their products will be capable of and when that capability will take effect.

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I don't even see the flash in the Market.. and I have 2.2 How did you get it?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I don't even see the flash in the Market.. and I have 2.2 How did you get it?

You need to have the second 2.2 patch to see Flash. Have you received it OTA or installed it manually? Check your version. FRG01B won't see it. FRG22D should.

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
That explains it I have FRO1b I received it OTA. I am not rooted. I will search the forum to see how I can get the newer version

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

eliassami5

Reaction score
lol? some people think the world revolves around them. Get a reality check, you wanted flash..you got it.

Some videos aren't optimized for mobile viewing that is why they are choppy and laggy.

jnashr

Reaction score
I agree, you asked for it, you got it. I personally like the ability to use flash....but then again, I don't have unreasonable expectations of it. You have the ability to use flash on your PHONE...jeeze, did you really think it would be flawless????

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Respectfully, I think you are mistaken. When I was deciding on whether to get the droid, or some other phone, back in 11/09/09 one of my deciding factors was that it was advertised that droid would have adobe flash 10.1 in early 2010. I didn't pull that piece of information out of thin air. Personally Motorola's behaviour re flash 10.1, and their customer service in general, is leading me to seriously consider a different android manufacturer for my early upgrade date of January 2010. I think it's about time that corporations get some ethics about what they say their products will be capable of and when that capability will take effect.

Have you contacted a lawyer yet? You should totally sue Motorola, Verizon, Google, and Adobe. And droidforums.net. And me.

lpauline

Reaction score
Don't be silly. I was attempting to provide information that appears to discount the sprinkling of posts throughout various forums. And also to suggest to people that customers need to be treated more respectfully. It's gotten to the point where if one calls out unethical behaviour, they get stamped as foolish. It's important to reclaim our own personal ethics first and then it can trickle down to corporate ethics and political ethics. It is not a frivolous issue. And besides did you ever hear of ad hominem arguments (An Ad Hominem argument is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact.) Why would I sue droidforums.net; why would I sue you. As I said in the beginning, "don't be silly."

lpauline

Reaction score

Have you contacted a lawyer yet? You should totally sue Motorola, Verizon, Google, and Adobe. And droidforums.net. And me.
Don't be silly. I was attempting to provide information that appears to discount the sprinkling of posts throughout various forums. And also to suggest to people that customers need to be treated more respectfully. It's gotten to the point where if one calls out unethical behaviour, they get stamped as foolish. It's important to reclaim our own personal ethics first and then it can trickle down to corporate ethics and political ethics. It is not a frivolous issue. And besides did you ever hear of ad hominem arguments (An Ad Hominem argument is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact.) Why would I sue droidforums.net; why would I sue you. As I said in the beginning, "don't be silly."

eliassami5

Reaction score

well in this case, "ethics" doesn't go so well with "logistics" and "reality". This is how flash works on a mobile platform, take it or leave it