Official 2.1 help! Please Read!

kmo97

Reaction score
So the official 2.1 OTA for the Eris has started being rolled out today.

I'm on the leaked firmware now, will I ever see the OTA?

If not, how can I reset my phone so I can get the official?

Please help! I'd really like the legit firmware.

T2noob

Reaction score
depends on the version number of the OTA.
If the OTA version is the same or lower than yours, you will be SOL and be stuck on your firmware.

chops

Reaction score
lol nobody knows yet if you will get it. my wifes eris has the last leaked version which is the release version but the the ota has upgraded stuff in it from the leaked version so people are saying on other forums that it is impossible that the leaked and the ota are the same versions but if they are no big deal a copy of the ota will be prob put out somewhere to get. I was refered to this site it will have it up in a couple of days http://www.pcdphones.com/phone_downloads.aspx?bid=126&cid=1&mid=353&carrier=Verizon%20Wireless

hortonj54

Reaction score
Most likely, if you don't for whatever reason get the OTA, you will be able to find the new version and put it on your phone just like you did the leak. Don't worry about it too much. One way or another you will be official once again.

ErisDroid?

Reaction score
Check this link out; VZW Support (VZWSupport) on Twitter click on the first tweet.

SO, long answer short, yes you should receive the OTA, unless you're rooted and the OTA was turned off as part of that ROM.

To answer the second part, there is no way to "reset" your phone to any earlier version on Android, again, unless you're rooted then there is full instructions on the developers forum on how to roll back.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
ANYONE get the OTA2.1 yet??? Am excited about it for my wife and daughter, even if they don't much care. :) "yeah, Sara, you're daddy's a geek, but we still love him." LOL

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
ANYONE get the OTA2.1 yet??? Am excited about it for my wife and daughter, even if they don't much care. :) "yeah, Sara, you're daddy's a geek, but we still love him." LOL

Lol yeah my hot neighbor has an Eris and I think I'm more excited for her getting 2.1 than she is lmao. She might get really excited when she reads the list of features I gave her.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

jimigood

Reaction score
lol nobody knows yet if you will get it. my wifes eris has the last leaked version which is the release version but the the ota has upgraded stuff in it from the leaked version so people are saying on other forums that it is impossible that the leaked and the ota are the same versions but if they are no big deal a copy of the ota will be prob put out somewhere to get. I was refered to this site it will have it up in a couple of days http://www.pcdphones.com/phone_downloads.aspx?bid=126&cid=1&mid=353&carrier=Verizon%20Wireless
Went to this link and they have a download for mr2 update. Anyone know what that is?

OP
kmo97

kmo97

Reaction score
Went to this link and they have a download for mr2 update. Anyone know what that is?

Please let us know if you find out what that is.

**EDIT**
MR2 isn't 2.1....
http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/34197-eris-update-mr2-official.html

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im hoping with the newer bootloader, the leakers will be able to root. Only time will tell. I told my wife not to accept the update until we can find out if it is rootable.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does someone have a list of the features for 2.1?
http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/eris.pdf {Official}

Verizon Says Droid Eris Update “Coming Soon” | Android Phone Fans
{From phandroid}
If you want to complain about software updates, another handset you don’t want to fail to mention unless you like the idea of a thousand angry Android owners descending upon you is the HTC Droid Eris from Verizon. We learned that Verizon would be dropping the Eris in short order, and along with this there was some worry that a new OS update may never come. Now it looks like Verizon is gearing up to bring the update to Eris owners, with software revision ROM: 2.36.605.1/Radio: 2.42.00.04.12.
droid-eris-1-1258387940.jpg
No where in Verizon’s literature do they call this one Android 2.1, but if you look at the list of new features you’ll know that is exactly what you are getting:

• Pinch-to-zoom is now available when using the Gallery and Google Maps.
  • New support for voice-to-text entry.
  • New Gallery application with 3D layout. View and share photos taken with your phone and images from your online Picasa Web albums.
  • New Leap thumbnail view lets you pinch to jump between the seven panels on your home screen.
  • Google Maps with Navigation provides free, traffic-enhanced, turn-by-turn navigation.
If Verizon sticks to their guns, notice that Eris users will get 7 home screens with thumbnail navigation, something that was surprisingly absent from the Motorola Droid Android 2.1 update. You can learn much more about what other additions and enhancements will come with the update at the Verizon Eris Support site.
No specific timeframe is given for when owners can expect this update to start rolling out, and if the recent bungle that was the Droid 2.1 (or really any 2.1 update you can think of) release is any indication, you would be best to be a bit skeptical. Hopefully “soon” will retain its dictionary definition and actually mean sometime in the relatively near future.
[via Verizon, thanks to c dowell for the heads up!]

countryboy498

Reaction score
My wife uses the Eris and I am really looking forward to her having turn by turn navigation like I have on my Droid. I just ordered my son a phone from Verizon on 5/11 and the rep on the phone said that 2.1 was being released that day for the Eris. Although I have yet to see it on my wifes phone and by the sounds of it, no one on here has recieved the OTA update either.... So....... I wait........

jimigood

Reaction score
Update started on the 11th and will take 13 days for everyone to get it. So says Verizon. Also was told if you are using a leaked version you WILL still get the 2.1ota.

I'm waiting to see. I have leaked 2.1 and it runs great.

countryboy498

Reaction score
I hope it arrives soon. It will determine if I send her Eris back for warranty. Her phone doesn't surf the internet for crap. I hope it helps with that.