Official 2.1 help! Please Read!

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by kmo97, May 11, 2010.

1. nda

nda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bluetooth Problems after 2.1 OTA

Hi

After updating with the official Verizon 2.1 OTA update, I can no longer get my Eris to recognize my Jabra BT2070 bluetooth headset. The Jabra is in discoverable mode, I turn on Bluetooth, go to the Bluetooth settings menu section, touch Scan for Devices, but the headset doesn't show up in the list. I had no problems pairing or connecting this same headset before the update. Does anybody know why this would happen or how I could fix it? Thanks for the help!

2. neoBigD

neoBigD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Eris 2.1 Update HTC Weather Issue - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

3. BDH78

BDH78 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    got the OTA2.1 download sent out by verizon today, and it deleted my contacts and the weather/clock bar on the main home screen. Im pretty pissed, and would of like to have never downloaded it. Im really ready to throw my eris out the window

4. neoBigD

neoBigD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    after 2.1 update - android.process.media err

Hello all,

Keep getting an android.process.media force close error after doing the 2.1 OTA update. Every app in some way seems to trigger it. Gmail wouldnt load, but after going into manage applications and clearing data and cache it worked. But i cant download apps from market and other various issues. Anyone else getting this?

Thanks

5. marleyinoc

marleyinoc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go to accounts via settings and resync and once it's done you will have your contacts again.

The weather widgetcan be returned with long press of the screen (make sure you have room, delete the clock if needed) htc widgets>clock>scroll right to weather clock) then choose full screen animation it is cool each time you open phone/unlock. For actual weather, use one of your extra screens and use weather widget. Opening the clock weather can cause force close. Resetting data stops sense from rebooting but doesn't fix the error. Hopefully someone knows how to actually fix, or it is updated

6. DJThomas07

DJThomas07 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just downloaded 2.1 OTA, but it wont install!!

Hi everyone, I have a problem that I have not found ANYWHERE on the internet after much searching. I just received the 2.1 OTA update for my stock, non-rooted 1.5 HTC Droid Eris, and downloaded it sucessfully.
    Unfortunately, it refused to install! When I rebooted the phone, and it began to unload the package, there was an error, and now its like I never got the update!!!
    Does anyone know where the downloaded updated file is on my phone, as in what folder it downloaded into, so I could maybe move it around and try to manually update it from the boot menu on my phone? I can't find it for the life of me!!
    I have a feeling though that it's probably gone, or no one know where it goes yet, otherwise the file would be posted on the internet by now. Thanks in advance though to anyone who can help with my problem, or even just confirm my fear of it being lost.

7. DrScrubs

DrScrubs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't even own the Eris, but I know the update does a complete wipe. But I do own an Android phone and know contacts can simply be re-synced. Widgets can be re-added as well. No need to flip out.

Sent Using Tapatalk

8. smtgirl

smtgirl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my weather working. Under settings>applications>manage applications. Then clear the data for everything HTC weather, there's a few. After I did that it started working again.

9. DiscoStu65

DiscoStu65 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem. Apparently the update requires 25MB of free space.

I did a battery pull and after a few tries it worked like a charm.

Real nice to have the stock youtube app actually work now!

10. Jenevieve621

Jenevieve621 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem with my calendar and occasionally my messages. I hope there is a fix quick!

11. legalkill

legalkill Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Nice work. I will have to try that (for Wife's Eris). I did not hear back from HTC support about it but their forums have a few threads about similar issues.

12. brentonius

brentonius New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    3 of us at work got the update last night for our Eris phones. Let me also point out the I've been waiting (not as patiently as I'd like to pretend) for months and drooling over this update. We're all receiving frequent (com.htc.bgp) error messages followed by a force close. None of us have tampered with the phones. With the weather app it actually crashed my phone 3 times in a row and I was afraid it was going to be a very expensive paper weight. Now it's less frequent (after clearing my weather data) but my calender is completely useless. Any attempt to look at a date ends with a force close. Has anyone played with possible solutions? On the other end, Google Goggles and the new weather and clock themes are hot as hell.

13. HK.

HK. New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading about the update and I have seen if you have the 2.1 rooted you will not be getting the updated or it will not work you. Is this correct? Or will you be able to get the OTA update or will you have to manually update?

14. jprausch

jprausch New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a new Eris user. I've had my phone for about a month. I'm still enjoying it as a new toy, and now I've got this 2.1 update to ponder. I got the notification two days ago, but have not downloaded it yet. Here's one reason: It says the download is 77.7MB, and I only have 92MB left on my phone. Will the update really take 77.7MB and leave me with only 14.3MB? And how will my phone function with only 14.3MB? I predict much slower, and I'll have to start watching how many apps I download. Is the update absolutely necessary?

How about a 2.1 For Dummies? Because I'm clueless about it all - will I have to set up the phone how I like it all over again? Will I have to re-establish all my contacts?

15. nda

nda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this same problem with the Calendar; I restarted the phone, opened the calendar, and opened the settings before I tried to look at a date, and then went through all the different calendar settings menus seeing if there were any clues (but didn't actually change any settings). I quit the calendar, reopened it, and the problem had gone away. Doesn't make any sense why this should have fixed the problem but it did.

Search tags for this page

com.htc.bgp fix

how to fix htc.bgp error
htc.bgp force close verizon is my phone broken