Here's how to fix the weather issue:

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Weather Provider/Clear Data

Then go to:

Settings/Accounts & sync/Weather/sync now

fixes it.

Sam

Puntuation

Reaction score
I just got the update today and am having the android.process.media stopped error constantly. I can't run most of my apps at this point. Help!

neoBigD

Reaction score
I just got the update today and am having the android.process.media stopped error constantly. I can't run most of my apps at this point. Help!

ya my girlfriend has same issue. only thing i've been able to do to help it a little is go into the settings and then applications and manage applications. go thru the various apps and remove any third party ones you dont need and clear the cache and data for things like gmail and browser, etc. still havent found a fix yet though

blukrazed

Reaction score
i just got the update late saturday night and havent had too many issues with it til now. it says it doesnt detect the memory card and that perhaps there is not enough space??? but i have 6.71gbs of free space and it plays music from the card and i can read it on the computer but it wont save anything on it anymore. anyone know how to fix this??? ive tried turing it off and unmounting n remounting it and nothing.....

laschmela

Reaction score
Ringtone issues

I need help with this.

I downloaded 2.1 this morning. Beyond the irritation of having to reload my contacts, rearrange my home screens, and overall resync everything, I now cannot set the many songs I've uploaded as ringtones.

I'd been using Myxer.com to cut ringtones and send them to my phone via text messages. Now when I save them and play them back, I don't have the option to hit the "menu" button and "save as ringtone." This has been driving me crazy all day. I've only had my phone for a month or so and had just gotten it to be completely personalised the way I wanted, and now I have this nonsense to deal with.

Can anyone help???? I am a smartphone novice and so would like the most newbie-friendly explainer... thanks!!!

Pegleg

Reaction score
2.1 Disappointment

Just got it this a.m. so haven't been through all aspects but so far I'm not impressed. Lot of conflicts w/existing apps, google calendar issues. Haven't seen much in a way of "speed" changes. Waiting to see how battery life changes. Don't see much sense in having all 7 screens on one page but maybe some do. My primary use of the Eris is for email/internet access/free texting and a few other things so I realize others may appreciate some of the new features.

Droid Man Devan

Reaction score
I still can't figure out how to link my contacts to facebook with the 2.1 update. It was so easy to do with the 1.6 OTA. Can any one help?

laschmela

Reaction score
I need help with this.

I downloaded 2.1 this morning. Beyond the irritation of having to reload my contacts, rearrange my home screens, and overall resync everything, I now cannot set the many songs I've uploaded as ringtones.

I'd been using Myxer.com to cut ringtones and send them to my phone via text messages. Now when I save them and play them back, I don't have the option to hit the "menu" button and "save as ringtone." This has been driving me crazy all day. I've only had my phone for a month or so and had just gotten it to be completely personalised the way I wanted, and now I have this nonsense to deal with.

Can anyone help???? I am a smartphone novice and so would like the most newbie-friendly explainer... thanks!!!

Nevermind, I called Verizon and figured it out. If you email ringtones to yourself, you have to open your email thru the browser application, then click on the file and save it. After it downloads, click on the file in the download history menu; it'll play out and allow you to select menu>Set As Ringtone. UGH. I'm not sure this update that supposedly fixed bugs I didn't have my Eris long enough to notice was worth the 24 hours of frustration and headache to get my phone back to normal. Actually, slower than normal. Not a fan.

**I should note this worked using Gmail. Not sure if it'll work with other web-based email apps or outlook, but it definitely won't work via the gmail widget. Which makes no sense on a google phone... whatever.

laschmela

Reaction score
I still can't figure out how to link my contacts to facebook with the 2.1 update. It was so easy to do with the 1.6 OTA. Can any one help?

Under settings>accounts & sync, make sure Facebook is checked to automatically update and sync. It took a few hours for it to completely reload and restore everyone's photos on my phone. I personally don't like getting constant reminders when friends update minutia on their profiles, so after the photos loaded I went back and deselected the sync, and also set my update frequency in the People widget to "once a day" (I don't think there's a "never" option anymore).

2.1 has been headache city. Would have been nice for laypeople who weren't hotly anticipating this software update to be given a headsup, either by HTC or Verizon, on exactly what we'd be getting or losing, along with an updated manual for 2.1. This software rollout has been the polar opposite of user-friendly, to be sure.

kmizzle

Reaction score
Hello! I was hoping I could get some friendly help here as I have been unable to find the solution while looking on other sites and in this forum.

I updated my Eris yesterday to the 2.1 OS and I've run into three very annoying problems:
- my favorites group has been cut to 3 people, and whenever I try to add people back it deletes them (!)
- my facebook sync only works up to the letter C... so people with names that start with D and below are not showing up.
- all synced pictures with facebook are completely wiped, as are the individual pictures associated with friends on my phone.

It's strange, I absolutely love the update but these three problems are a big thorn in my side... if anyone could help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :greendroid:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't see much sense in having all 7 screens on one page but maybe some do.

This one is easy.

Say you are on the first (far left) screen, and want to go to the last (far right screen).

Old way: Finger swipe to the left 6 times.

New way: Pinch, screen. Click 7th screen.

LOVE IT!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Being able to dim the screen is by far the best feature. Between that and the overall OS being easier on battery power, my battery life has quadrupled!!

:icon_ banana:

lp0871

Reaction score
Clock/weather widget gone?

Aside from all the FCs and the laggy web & txt aspects of the 2.1 update, I'm (oddly) missing the old clock/weather widget the most. (Not to mention a few odd contact things that are tweaking me out...) I can't add it because there isn't even a clock option in the HTC widget list. There's a weather option, but it only has three choices & they're not the ones I want.

I'm starting to get frustrated with the lagging, too. But I'm taking it one complaint at a time.

I've tried rebooting and a battery pull.

Will a factory reset work? I'd obviously NOT want to go to all the trouble if it's not going to work. Is there a (free) backup app that I can use to make the factory reset less painful?

Sorry if this is all ignorant sounding. It's my 1st post & I've tried searching and searching for these answers, but I'm not having any luck.

TIA!

stansongman

Reaction score
I ran the update, and everything works great, except that my calendar got wiped out and will no longer sync with google. I've got tons of free space, and the google account setting and password are right. I'm not sure what to try next?

Puntuation

Reaction score
Possible fix for android.process.media error

I think I've fixed the problem, at least for my phone!

If anyone else is having the issue where android.process.media errors are popping up constantly after the 2.1 update, give this a try:

1. Mount the SD card on your PC.
2. Copy everything on the card to your PC.
3. Go into your phone settings for the SD card and format it.
4. Restart the phone.
5. Mount the SD card on your PC again.
6. Copy everything back except for the folders that should have been recreated on the card; DCIM, LOST.DIR, and tmp.
7. Unmount the SD card from the PC and give it a whirl.